• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Datamatics - retain 90% of your day rate blah blah

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Datamatics - retain 90% of your day rate blah blah

Kept calling so I decided to finally listen what he had to offer. Retain 90% of your day rate, and they work with Barclays, CG, Dell etc.

And after asking to remove me from their list, still got the email saying it was pleasure talking to you.

Process
    - You will be an employee of our UK Organization.
    - You will be paid salary by our UK company with PAYE deducting taxes.
    - You also become an employee of our Indian counterpart and get paid salary in the UK plus Per Diem as living expenses which can be paid up to £250 maximum tax free.
    - Tax will be deducted in India @ 10% on gross salary so no further tax liability remains in the UK according to the Double Taxation Treaty between UK-IND.
    - All Global consulting companies who sends their employees to UK, follow the same route of paying per diem rather than all in salary to save taxes as employee benefit.
    - We adopt the same method which is proven and used by HMRC.
    - You get TAX Form 16 for the earnings you make in India, which is equivalent to P60 in the UK.
    - As there is a treaty between India and UK for single taxation you can declare all your Indian income on your self assessment attaching Form 16, HMRC will credit your tax and you will be liable for no further tax as it is already being paid.
    - At the end of the financial year you would be receiving P60 and Form 16
    Last edited by mdhd; 7 April 2016, 14:23.

- Tax will be deducted in India @ 10% on gross salary so no further tax liability remains in the UK according to the Double Taxation Treaty between UK-IND.
    That's bollox.

With a double taxation treaty, you can use the 10% paid in India to offset your tax liability here, so if you owe 40% here and have paid 10% in India, you'd pay 30% here.

Ask your accountant. Double tax treaty means you don't pay more than the higher liability in the two countries.

Comment

Number noted and blacklisted.

I prefer the "not working method" of tax avoidance myself - saves all the hassle with the cotton runts at HMRC.

Or working overseas - better weather and the tax is usually lower.
      Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
      http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by flamel View Post
        I prefer the "not working method" of tax avoidance myself...
        Nice approach, but I prefer the opposite tack of "earning more" to maximise my net income. (Having already moved to a lower taxed country).
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by mdhd View Post
          If (maybe) you are a tax resident in India...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Nice approach, but I prefer the opposite tack of "earning more" to maximise my net income. (Having already moved to a lower taxed country).
            I like this thinking - all I need to do I change my name too and I could have a good life without the twunts at HMRC
            Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
            http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Poor fecker who voiced It's A Trap. Overused and gone too soon.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I might do this to try to pay back what HMRC claim I owe them from the other avoidance schemes.

Comment

You may as well report them linky Scroll down to "What can I do if I am receiving nuisance live marketing calls?" and complete report a concern.

I tend to get text messages from those companies so report them to my mobile provider.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by mdhd View Post
                    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Ask your accountant.
                    I asked my trusty accountant. It all sounds kosher to me....

Comment

Working...
                    X