• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online Estate Agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Estate Agents

I don't know what the savings are to be had from using one of these services but my experience of them as a potential buyer is less than positive.

Waiting over a week now for 3 separate viewings whereas a traditional agent has always sorted out the viewing within hours.

Just seems to be a service to hook the buyer up with the seller and a very poor one at that.

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
    I don't know what the savings are to be had from using one of these services but my experience of them as a potential buyer is less than positive.

Waiting over a week now for 3 separate viewings whereas a traditional agent has always sorted out the viewing within hours.

Just seems to be a service to hook the buyer up with the seller and a very poor one at that.
    Agreed, I was looking recently and find it f##king annoying trying to book anything through the online-only agents - booking a viewing is like trying to have a conversation with someone via messages in a bottle

Comment

What sites are you talking about?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
        Agreed, I was looking recently and find it f##king annoying trying to book anything through the online-only agents - booking a viewing is like trying to have a conversation with someone via messages in a bottle
        Neither can they answer basic questions about the property that a traditional agent could answer. Fairly basic things that would affect whether or not you actually want to take time out to do the viewing.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Urban.co.uk seems particularly bad. Keep asking the to chase up but they never, ever come back. Just like dealing with a common or garden call centre.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          house network . co.uk for me - wanted to view 3 properties with them but only managed to get booked in for 1 - the other 2 kept me on the roundabout for about 2 weeks so I gave up

Comment

Not quite what you're talking about, but I've used openrent to let out my house. They were excellent and a fraction of the cost of a normal estate/letting agent, for both me and my tenant.

£49, and the tenant only paid £20 referencing fee. I got to see the full referencing report, done in a few days.

Before that I'd used an estate agent and they charged me 1 month rent just for the tennant find service. They also charged the tennant something like £200 too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post

I saved around 5k by selling via house network rather than high street agent.

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
                I saved around 5k by selling via house network rather than high street agent.
                Yes, but maybe you've lost £10k by not using proper agent who could have arranged people to turn up at same time and then get them fighting in a final offer in sealed envelopes?

Comment

It at least appears in the area I live that houses marketed by high street agents sell a lot quicker than houses marketed by online agents.
                  Taking a break from contracting

Comment

So we are saying agents are good?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X