• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wot No Grand National Thread?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wot No Grand National Thread?

Don't suppose any of my picks will even make it to the second half

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Don't suppose any of my picks will even make it to the second half
    Gambling on the National is the same as just going across to a local paddock and shooting someone's horse in the head. I thought better of you Nick.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

£50 rule the world
      Last edited by unemployed; 9 April 2016, 16:28.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Gambling on the National is the same as just going across to a local paddock and shooting someone's horse in the head. I thought better of you Nick.
        Gone all PC have we?

Comment

Few quid back on second place; better than nothing, but still a loss overall

Comment

FatLazyHorse ftw....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Gone all PC have we?
              Bloody nags. Had 10 horses didn't win a damn thing.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Parasite snr picked the winner. Got about £21.60 back from her 50p e/w

It's the only chase I'll bet on; having seen the 2/9 shot Vautour three lengths clear and go arse over tit at the course on Friday it just proves that you're as much backing the horse to get round as you are for it to get round quicker. Hurdles are a minimum 3.5 ft tall, chase fences 4.5 ft. Makes quite the difference.

It's also the three days a year when the offended generation give a toss about horses (well, two, because they probably don't realise the Aintree festival runs on the Thursday too).
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

you shouldn't have taken them all for a quick trot before betting. They had a chance before then.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Do Tesco have a supply of beefburgers now?

Comment

Working...
                    X