• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reed 'Online' expense process NOT!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reed 'Online' expense process NOT!

You cant make this stuff up. I have been told I need to follow a new online system to claim expenses. The line from Reed is,

Q: Has the expenses policy changed?
    A: No, this is simply a change of expenses being claimed online, rather than the
    manual paper based process

Old process,

1: fill in spreadsheet
    2: scan receipts
    3 email to Reed and Client
    4 Client approves
    5 Reed pays

The new 'online' process to avoid manual paper based process,

1: Wait for Reed to generate a timesheet based invoice (you cant process your expense claim at the same time as time sheet entry any more)
    2: Fill in online form
    3: Click declaration that you have attached receipts (even though the system has no upload functionality to allow receipts to be attached)
    4: Email client asking them to approve the claim as the system does not notify them it has been submitted
    5: Print a copy of the online form (I dont know why either)
    6: Print a scan of the reciepts
    7: Physically post the screen print and scans via snail main

Why this new process.... to avoid a manual paper based process

What a bunch of.....

Got some Indian outsourcer all over it by the sounds of it.

Comment

Originally posted by zipbamboo View Post
      You cant make this stuff up. I have been told I need to follow a new online system to claim expenses. The line from Reed is,

Q: Has the expenses policy changed?
      A: No, this is simply a change of expenses being claimed online, rather than the
      manual paper based process

Old process,

1: fill in spreadsheet
      2: scan receipts
      3 email to Reed and Client
      4 Client approves
      5 Reed pays

The new 'online' process to avoid manual paper based process,

1: Wait for Reed to generate a timesheet based invoice (you cant process your expense claim at the same time as time sheet entry any more)
      2: Fill in online form
      3: Click declaration that you have attached receipts (even though the system has no upload functionality to allow receipts to be attached)
      4: Email client asking them to approve the claim as the system does not notify them it has been submitted
      5: Print a copy of the online form (I dont know why either)
      6: Print a scan of the reciepts
      7: Physically post the screen print and scans via snail main

Why this new process.... to avoid a manual paper based process

What a bunch of.....
      Reed... their tulip adverts make me never want to work with them never mind how their process works!

Comment

If only I had a choice

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
        Reed... their tulip adverts make me never want to work with them never mind how their process works!
        If only I had a choice. I was contacted by the end client directly, but they choose to use Reed for invoicing (I guess as the Reed systems are cutting edge!)

I see a lot of this where the end client wants me to contract through this or that agency.

I think end clients really want to distance themselves from any implications regarding tax, employment law etc. as well as supposedly getting cost advantage via outsource services

Comment

Clients just don't want all the contractors invoicing them directly. They want to pay one agency invoice, not deal with 50 or 500 contractor invoices every month.

They don't want the hassle.

Comment

Working...
          X