• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Come to sunny Swindon and taste the world

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come to sunny Swindon and taste the world

Takeaway boss admits to 10 hygiene breaches (From Swindon Advertiser)

Officers also found a milk bottle stored near chemicals, which Chowdhury said he filled with water and used to clean himself after going to the toilet, which was visibly contaminated with fecal matter.

Mark Glendenning, defending Chowdhury, said his client was only taking home £50 a week from the business, and although no prohibition order was being sought, it was not clear if the kitchen would be voluntarily closed.

Yeuch!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Are you a subscriber?

Comment

Most Indian/Bangladesh/Pakistan takeaway/restaurants have appalling hygiene.

Check out your local eatery:

Food Standards Agency - Search for food hygiene ratings

I suspect it is

Comment

Food Standards Agency - Swindon Takeaways

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Most Indian/Bangladesh/Pakistan takeaway/restaurants have appalling hygiene.
          Racist!

A Tescos mega store near me has got prosecuted twice in 10 years for poor food hygiene. Last time I looked the minority of their staff fell into the Indian/Bangladeshi/Pakistani category.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Food standards have little to do with food handling and everything to do with paper trails. If you do not have good written English you start at a significant disadvantage
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Food standards have little to do with food handling and everything to do with paper trails. If you do not have good written English you start at a significant disadvantage
              It's six of one, half-dozen of the other,

If you are clearly over run by vermin and don't get the situation sorted in one of the cases that particular Tesco had, and store your food incorrectly e.g. in a fridge that is too warm then the surprise inspection is going to catch you out.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Sometimes, it makes no difference how many times you wash your hands....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Are you a subscriber?
                  I found it in another publication but NAT would file it.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

He has single handedly put me off wanting an Indian takeaway ever again.

Comment

Working...
                    X