• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Overweight IT Contractors' weight loss diary: month 1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overweight IT Contractors' weight loss diary: month 1

Today is exactly one month since I decided to do something about slight weight problem that I have and it is good time to reflect over it while eating healthy late lunch.Ok, so you are the smart one - don't tell everyone yet, and don't quote this bit - lets see how low people will fall at taking the piss at me...

To make it short - I failed. The weight dropped by 0.3 kg, which is almost an error of measurement. It is easy to eat healthy, but problem is that a lot of good food has got a lot of energy, to make matters worse 1.8 mile run only burns bugger all calories, so you might as well stop eating and live on carrots. ...The real story is that I lost over 3 kg in just one month - had to give up beer, no snacks...

Morale - don't laugh at fat people, better try it yourself. ....regularly timed small meals, no sugar, a lot of veg, no milk, basically feel hungry most of the time and run every day 1.8 miles, plus walk in the evening. A bonus is that mild pain from RSI in wrists seems to have gone as brain is too busy dealing with pain in legs.

I've lost a stone and a half since I started this job in Cambridge - 8 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
      I've lost a stone and a half since I started this job in Cambridge - 8 months ago.
      Shagging students is a good way to burn up the calories.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964
        Shagging students is a good way to burn up the calories.
        She's not a student. But she's certainly helped!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
          Today is exactly one month since I decided to do something about slight weight problem that I have and it is good time to reflect over it while eating healthy late lunch.Ok, so you are the smart one - don't tell everyone yet, and don't quote this bit - lets see how low people will fall at taking the piss at me...

To make it short - I failed. The weight dropped by 0.3 kg, which is almost an error of measurement. It is easy to eat healthy, but problem is that a lot of good food has got a lot of energy, to make matters worse 1.8 mile run only burns bugger all calories, so you might as well stop eating and live on carrots. ...The real story is that I lost over 3 kg in just one month - had to give up beer, no snacks...

Morale - don't laugh at fat people, better try it yourself. ....regularly timed small meals, no sugar, a lot of veg, no milk, basically feel hungry most of the time and run every day 1.8 miles, plus walk in the evening. A bonus is that mild pain from RSI in wrists seems to have gone as brain is too busy dealing with pain in legs.
          Get yourself a decent drug habit

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

I lost over 4 stones on Atkins

And if that diet isn't MADE for IT contractors, I dont know what is.

Dont listen to any of that bullsh*t about it not being healthy either...its more healthy than being overweight, as long as you eat some veg.

Steaks, fry-ups, massive plates of cheese.....hungry anyone?

(The only draw back is its quite difficult to do a poo)
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
              I lost over 4 stones on Atkins

And if that diet isn't MADE for IT contractors, I dont know what is.

Dont listen to any of that bullsh*t about it not being healthy either...its more healthy than being overweight, as long as you eat some veg.

Steaks, fry-ups, massive plates of cheese.....hungry anyone?

(The only draw back is its quite difficult to do a poo)
              Just drink guiness with it, tulip like tar.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

It's a classic problem.

There are a few things you can do though, if your prepared to do them.

First of all diet. Cut out as much fat as possible, cut out bread of all types.
                Your staples are going to be vegetables, cereals, fruit, rice and chicken or fish. Try and avoid processed food wherever possible, dont get caught out by hidden calories. Check the calorie value of everything you eat. You need around 2600 calories per day to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

No, it's not the most exciting diet in the world but it does work. Once you reach your target weight you can start bringing back in the stuff you cut out, in moderation of course.

Secondly eat smaller amounts, but eat more often. By giving your body small amounts of food at regular intervals you ensure that your metabolism is kept active. This burns calories all on it's own and combined with a low calorie diet will ensire that you loose weight more effectivly. Eat balanced helathy meals and snack inbetween on fruit, raw vegetables and other low calorie snacks. You should be eating something every 2-3 hours.

You are right about the jogging. It does bugger all. What you need to do is combine aerobic exercise - running, walking, cycling - with resistance exercise i.e. weights.

Take a look at this site for some more info. I've lost 2 inches off my waist size so far ( 6 weeks ) by working along these lines. I go to a gym three times a week but you dont have to do that if you dont want to.

There is loads of extra info on the web to help you out as well.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Crosby
                  Just drink guiness with it, tulip like tar.
                  Guiness is carbs I'm afraid - it doesn't work.

You can drink as much spirits as you wants, so I guess if you drank enough whisky them you'd probably start tulipting....but probably in your pants in front of people - not really the desired effect
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
                    It's a classic problem.

There are a few things you can do though, if your prepared to do them.

First of all diet. Cut out as much fat as possible, cut out bread of all types.
                    Your staples are going to be vegetables, cereals, fruit, rice and chicken or fish. Try and avoid processed food wherever possible, dont get caught out by hidden calories. Check the calorie value of everything you eat. You need around 2600 calories per day to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

No, it's not the most exciting diet in the world but it does work. Once you reach your target weight you can start bringing back in the stuff you cut out, in moderation of course.

Secondly eat smaller amounts, but eat more often. By giving your body small amounts of food at regular intervals you ensure that your metabolism is kept active. This burns calories all on it's own and combined with a low calorie diet will ensire that you loose weight more effectivly. Eat balanced helathy meals and snack inbetween on fruit, raw vegetables and other low calorie snacks. You should be eating something every 2-3 hours.

You are right about the jogging. It does bugger all. What you need to do is combine aerobic exercise - running, walking, cycling - with resistance exercise i.e. weights.

Take a look at this site for some more info. I've lost 2 inches off my waist size so far ( 6 weeks ) by working along these lines. I go to a gym three times a week but you dont have to do that if you dont want to.

There is loads of extra info on the web to help you out as well.

Who's prepared to do all that?!!! ATW - you're better off fat - chicks dig happy blokes! (or does that make me sound too Northern?)
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X