• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stupid Agents (continued)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid Agents (continued)

A permie role I know but look at this fine example:

http://www.jobserve.com/W79937D111FF25739.job

Some highlights:

"Project Manager urgently required for my telecomms company based in London." - later on he reveals their identity so other agencies can get on the case or we can apply direct

"The personality of this individual is critical to the success of the activity, they must be diplomatic and assertive and threat this as a real opportunity to omplement leading practice end-to-end. Qualities a highly motivated and proactive PM who is willing to so as well as manage where necessary in order to deliver a quality solution." - just the job for Stanley Unwin types

"A good fit with CPW's....." er, would that be Carphone Warehouse?

"... with sufficient presence/assertiveness to follow the appropriate method & run a low risk project." - just what does that mean exactly?

Nice one Damian, ever considered contract recruitment?
    Only the mediocre are ever at their best

Originally posted by Generalist
    A permie role I know but look at this fine example:

http://www.jobserve.com/W79937D111FF25739.job

Some highlights:

"Project Manager urgently required for my telecomms company based in London." - later on he reveals their identity so other agencies can get on the case or we can apply direct

"The personality of this individual is critical to the success of the activity, they must be diplomatic and assertive and threat this as a real opportunity to omplement leading practice end-to-end. Qualities a highly motivated and proactive PM who is willing to so as well as manage where necessary in order to deliver a quality solution." - just the job for Stanley Unwin types

"A good fit with CPW's....." er, would that be Carphone Warehouse?

"... with sufficient presence/assertiveness to follow the appropriate method & run a low risk project." - just what does that mean exactly?

Nice one Damian, ever considered contract recruitment?
    There are enough cliches and buzzwords to sink a battleship. The type of person who will fall for this bulls*** is the precise opposite of the profile that this idiot is trying to explain.

Comment

Who is more stupid though - the agent or the contractor? Consider this, advertised as a TDA role:

Security Technical Designer required to work for large telco. Candidates will have proven network design experience and should be at least CCNP accredited. Candidates will have excellent documentation skills and have a deep understanding of Cisco data networks. In particular candidates will have an extensive knowledge of network security devices especially Cisco Pix Firewalls. Successful candidate will be working with a team of Technical Designers to provide detailed Firewall design documents for a major customer together with providing support during the implementation stage of the project.

TDA with a CCNP? I think not! This will attract the contractor who wants to put TDA on his CV (sorry Denny, company brochure) but is essentially NOT a TDA role. Maybe the agent is pandering to the contractor ego...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

He very probably picked this up off of their website.

All the perm jobs that agents have been phoning me about in the last 6 months have simply been cut and pasted from the company's own careers web page.

Sometimes they ring me to ask if I want it as a perm. The more proactive ask if I'm interested in it as a contract hoping to be able to 'turn' the employer.

AIH two of the positions that I followed up and declined at telephone interview stage as "no interesting enough" came around as contracts 2-3 months later, but by then I had indicated to the client that this was a last resort job! (Fortunately, I wasn't too keen on their location either)

tim

Comment

Working...
        X