• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Notice to leave...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice to leave...

The writing is on the wall, project in the crepe, fools with tools are taking over. My 15 years experience is not welcomed, graduates are charging in, so I am happy to leave them to it.

I would like to leave in a couple of weeks – my notice is now one week, but I am thinking about giving two weeks so that everyone knows where we all stand, and that clientco can plan to use me, or not as they wish.

Are there any implications of giving more notice than contractually needed?

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Yeah. It means you have to ask the question if there are any implictations on a contractor forum and end up making yourself look like a right ******* tosser.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

No. Not that I can think of. They may welcome it or want to get you off site as quickly as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
        No. Not that I can think of. They may welcome it or want to get you off site as quickly as possible.
        And there was me being diplomatic...

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Yeah. It means you have to ask the question if there are any implictations on a contractor forum and end up making yourself look like a right ******* tosser.
        Whereas NLUK comes in with the slam dunk tell it like it is reply!

Comment

Give notice as per your contract, no more, no less.

Comment

The writing is on the wall, project in the crepe, fools with tools are taking over. My 15 years experience is not welcomed, graduates are charging in, so I am happy to leave them to it.

I would like to leave in a couple of weeks – my notice is now one week, but I am thinking about giving two weeks so that everyone knows where we all stand, and that clientco can plan to use me, or not as they wish.

Legally - no. But it makes you look very good in their eyes. Remember to burn no bridges. Be nice. Resist the temptation to punch someone. Breathe. You are just a tree swaying in the breeze.

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Can I nominate this for post of the month please?

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
              Give notice as per your contract, no more, no less.
              Why?

Comment

What is it with you and Suity, can't make up your mind or fail to make decisions all the time ?

Does your mum still breastfeed you because you cannot take care of yourself ? Grow a pair, deal with the situation in what ever fashion you feel is best and move on with your life.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Quitter!!
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Can I nominate this for post of the month please?
                    That puts our dear NLUK in the same league as DA.

Comment

Working...
                    X