• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend thread.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend thread.

What are your plans?

Have you submitted your timesheet?

Definite: Picking up new glasses tomorrow morning, playing at a charity gig tomorrow night, cricket nets on Sunday, playing with my trail cam

Possible: Buying an air pistol, selling some hifi gear, gardening
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Yay!! It's Friday.

What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

FTFY
        Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Definite: Picking up new glasses tomorrow morning.
        Possible: Buying some bullets for the "hunting" rifle, dusting down the 4 WD, late night off roading, a bit of "gardening", oh and selling some hifi gear.
        Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 15 April 2016, 09:36.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

oops TFA!

Our two eldest are off to my Brothers for the weekend so quiet night with Mrs V probably involving a restaurant.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I'm gonna be sticking the house number stickers I got off eBay on the bins.

Some scrote stole my black bin and I had to get a new one after grovelling to Leeds City Council, but no more, I've got stickers!!

I was sure the Mrs said we're going to Ossetia this weekend, I got all excited but turns out she actually said Ossett, to get her hair done. So it's probably just a cheeky pint in the Maypole and avoiding eye-contact with the locals for me.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

Some scrote stole my black bin and I had to get a new one after grovelling to Leeds City Council, but no more, I've got stickers!!

I was sure the Mrs said we're going to Ossetia this weekend, I got all excited but turns out she actually said Ossett, to get her hair done. So it's probably just a cheeky pint in the Maypole and avoiding eye-contact with the locals for me.
              that's almost as sad as me, My Kids bought me some bin numbers as stocking fillers.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

Your house has a number? AYSYCOTBAC?

Our bins have the house name (as initials) painted on them.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Campaigning for Zac Goldsmith

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Your house has a number? AYSYCOTBAC?

Our bins have the house name (as initials) painted on them.
                    It has a number and a name. Really odd, long ago before my time the property's huge detached garage across the (private!) road was turned into a house and sold off so there are now two houses with the same number, each with a name to distinguish them apart.

My new stickers have the number and the name!

We have a brown bin for garden waste, green for recycling and black for the rest, except, which is really annoying, nowhere for glass, we have to take it to the tip. Ourselves!

I've actually had a note stuck on my bin when I followed the neighbours advice just to stick the bottles in anyway and they gave me a yellow card, and I also got one for not placing the bin on bin day in the designated collection area. None of us have any idea what or where the designated collection area is. Traditionally, since we live at the top of a cul-de-sac which is at the top of a hill, the lower-downers drag their bins up the hill roughly to my house cos the hill is too sleep for the bin truck and the (private!) road too narrow.

The ettiquete of bin day in Leeds, I should(n't) write a book....

Comment

Working...
                    X