• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm thinking of changing...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking of changing...

I'm thinking of changing my search engine. I've asked my accountant and she suggested I try Googling it.

This created a paradox.

I want to change from Google to another engine, but the only suggestion I get is to try using the search engine I don't want to use to get an answer they won't want to give.

What can I do, before the universe collapses both philosophically and metaphysically?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Try booble

Comment

ask jeeves
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

altavista?

Comment

Jeeves asked Google who in turn subbed out the disgraceful request to Yahoo, who suggested asking Altavista before realising it had eaten it whole in 2003

Meanwhile back in the dark ages Google told Booble to Cease and Desist

so that left us with https://duckduckgo.com/
          So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

ska?

Comment

Duckduckgo. Then you can find out stuff that European people and courts would rather hope that you couldn't find.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Bing - it's the future.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    ska?
                    I tried that once but it had a few bugs.
                    1. Even with Ad-Block, it kept trying to sell me sofas
                    2. Every search returned pictures of squirrels
                    3. Dirty smears of coffee coloured liquid would drip down my screen
                    4. When I tried to find out about Colombia it went into lock-down mode and threatened to take some Cornish farmers hostage
                    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Working...
                    X