• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

eastern European contract rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eastern European contract rates

I have just tried to persuade a Bulgarian software test automation framework developer to take a permie job in the Uk at £50 k a year. "Shoe in" I thought - great skills, he will be cheap as you like desperate to work here - so I thought. He then tells me it is not enough and would need to be earning closer to £100k per year to make it worth his while! He tells me he gets E4500 after tax working as a contractor in Sofia

Never one to miss an opportunity does anyone fancy a gig in eastern Europe?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I have just tried to persuade a Bulgarian software test automation framework developer to take a permie job in the Uk at £50 k a year. "Shoe in" I thought - great skills, he will be cheap as you like desperate to work here - so I thought. He then tells me it is not enough and would need to be earning closer to £100k per year to make it worth his while! He tells me he gets E4500 after tax working as a contractor in Sofia

He obviously knows you need 300k a year to live in london

Comment

He tells me he gets E4500 after tax working as a contractor in Sofia
      Per year?

Comment

I wouldn't mind, but all I get are pitches from Poland at £180/pd......

Bulgarian langauge has articles but no cases, making it unique for a Slavic language. Interesting or what?

Comment

What does unemployed do ?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            What does unemployed do ?
            seat warmer .

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              Per year?
              Month
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

Bulgarian langauge has articles but no cases, making it unique for a Slavic language. Interesting or what?
                They are just after cheap British "bobs" at half the rates they pay their own people

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

Comment

If you reduced your cut from 50% to 10% they would get £90k. At least you still get £10k.

I really should become an agent....

Comment

Working...
                    X