• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official people trafficking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official people trafficking

Migrant crisis: Pope returns from Greece with 12 migrants - BBC News

May the pope bless Europe

It's his country, he can take whoever he wants there

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      It's his country, he can take whoever he wants there

Then he should either take them to Argentina or to Vatican city. Not to Rome....

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        Then he should either take them to Argentina or to Vatican city. Not to Rome....
        The first sentence of the story you linked to begins "Pope Francis has taken 12 Syrian migrants back with him to the Vatican…"

Comment

So you didn't read the article, just posted a link to it to make a point about migrants? I couldn't actually see anywhere in the article stating they were going to Rome...

Pope Francis has taken 12 Syrian migrants back with him to the Vatican after visiting a camp on the Greek island of Lesbos.
          And its not the first time he's done this:

In September, the Pope made space in the Vatican apartments for two refugee families
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Genuine question: is Vatican city in schengen?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              Genuine question: is Vatican city in schengen?
              It is "considered a de facto participant"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Area

Comment

Makes a change from them getting people out of Europe I suppose

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratl...r_II_aftermath)

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  So you didn't read the article, just posted a link to it to make a point about migrants? I couldn't actually see anywhere in the article stating they were going to Rome...
                  To answer your question, NO. I am sure a man of your intelligence knows what the say about assumptions.

Pope Francis takes refugees to Rome after Lesbos visit | World news | The Guardian

And I prefer not to quote the dailymail. Not sure if your fingers click on anything politically correct

Comment

To answer your question, NO. I am sure a man of your intelligence knows what the say about assumptions.

Pope Francis takes refugees to Rome after Lesbos visit | World news | The Guardian

And I prefer not to quote the dailymail. Not sure if your fingers click on anything politically correct
                    Probably had to take them to Rome as I believe that the Vatican doesn't have an airport and presumably Rome is the nearest. From that new link:

Fuelling belief that the Catholic church is at odds with the EU’s stance on the crisis, Pope Francis took 12 refugees back to the Vatican.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X