• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Relocating to just over the Severn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relocating to just over the Severn

If you are at the "West End of the M4 corridor", it may be tempting in the future:

Welsh assembly election: Tories target 2p cut in income tax - BBC News

I could flog my 1 bed flat and buy Cardiff castle.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Surely "relocating to just over the Severn" would mean living in the middle of one of the bridges?

Comment

Bridge be cheaper in a few years as well...

Not sure if we want too many of you lot over here diluting the bloodline though.

Bear in mind, the welsh language act means learning welsh is school is compulsory even if you're parents are english. As it should be.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Not sure if we want too many of you lot over here diluting the inbreeding though.
          FTFY
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Surely "relocating to just over the Severn" would mean living in the middle of one of the bridges?
            If we're going to be pedantic, then although the new bridge gets you to Wales, just over the Severn on the old bridge or anywhere further up and you're still in England.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

There's not much chance of them winning to be fair, mind you UKIP look like they'll get a few representatives in the assembly which will definitely put the cat among the pigeons.
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Bridge be cheaper in a few years as well...

Not sure if we want too many of you lot over here diluting the bloodline though.

Bear in mind, the welsh language act means learning welsh is school is compulsory even if you're parents are english. As it should be.
                Don't worry, your sheep are safe.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  If we're going to be pedantic, then although the new bridge gets you to Wales, just over the Severn on the old bridge or anywhere further up and you're still in England.
                  Of course, the "border" further up is the River Wye. So the first bit of land you hit on the old bridge is still England until you cross the Wye.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Don't worry, your sheep are safe.
                    Dont want any dirty english near our sheep!

Comment

Working...
                    X