• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any one with 123-reg?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one with 123-reg?

Web host 123-reg deletes sites in clean-up error - BBC News

If so ooops!

I will also use this as a plug for Vidahost if anyone is wanting to swap to someone else
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

rm -rf?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      rm -rf?
      Seems even the big guns are not immune to PEBCAK errors
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Yes

Fortunately they just host my domain.

The content is elsewhere.

Comment

Yep... lost my VPS but luckily everything backed up to home...

Suffice to say have moved everything elsewhere but was a wasted Sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
            Yep... lost my VPS but luckily everything backed up to home...

Suffice to say have moved everything elsewhere but was a wasted Sunday!
            My friend lost his VPS , heard about this from him first.
            Well i guess bye bye 123

Comment

Muppets! Just spoke to someone who was affected by this. Was going to resurrect the thread from the other day about the poor bloke who shafted his own servers. Having been on the end of (and the cause of) a couple of sphincter twitching moments I really do feel for the poor sods on the sharp end of these incidents.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                Was going to resurrect the thread from the other day about the poor bloke who shafted his own servers.
                That was a hoax!!! Sick one

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  That was a hoax!!! Sick one
                  Hucking fell, I felt sorry for him as well. May his hard drives all fail at once

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                    Hucking fell, I felt sorry for him as well. May his hard drives all fail at once
                    "The owner of a web hosting company who claimed to have deleted his entire company with one line of code revealed that it was a hoax.

Marco Marsala, an Italian entrepreneur, on Friday posted his faux coding mistake on Server Fault, a forum for server experts. Most of the users who responded to his query noted that it is unlikely that the entrepreneur will be able to recover the lost data.

Marsala's deception was a guerrilla marketing effort to advertise his new start-up and bring attention to a book that he is writing, according to the Repubblica, an Italian newspaper."

Hoax: Man didn't delete biz with line of bad code

Interesting way to get a lot of new clients...

Comment

Working...
                    X