• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you have to be friendly?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would it kill you to say hello on a country walk? | Patrick Barkham | Opinion | The Guardian

You Northern types may like being friendly. But I just want to pretend I have not seen anyone else. If I wanted to see people, I would have stayed in town.

And its discrimination against the handicapped. Autistic types don't want to interact. They prefer their own little dream world.

I always say hello when out in the country. It's good to make even the briefest acknowledgement of other humans every now and then

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      It's a bit terse around here really.

"Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening" would make them think you're a bit posh, like.
      Do you greet your victims before you eat them?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Ermm.. Last time I checked, Somerset is well south of London. Perhaps it's just the South-East...?

Anyway, who - other than the BBC and Islington - takes any notice of the Grauniad?
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Do you greet your victims before you eat them?
          I buy them a drink at the very least. Bottle of leg-opener usually works best; makes it more or less consensual...
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            I buy them a drink at the very least. Bottle of leg-opener usually works best; makes it more or less consensual...
            Is that one of your rohypnol cocktails?

Comment

I'd always say hello.

Also, if they look confused/lost, I'll ask them if they need help.

...and that's in the South East.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

No. **** off.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Is that one of your rohypnol cocktails?
                  Heck no. Only tried rohypnol once. Woke up with no memory and a sore arse.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Would it kill you to say hello on a country walk? | Patrick Barkham | Opinion | The Guardian

You Northern types may like being friendly. But I just want to pretend I have not seen anyone else. If I wanted to see people, I would have stayed in town.

And its discrimination against the handicapped. Autistic types don't want to interact. They prefer their own little dream world.
                    You're socially awkward, don't worry though, other people will recognise that and give you a wide berth.

Comment

Working...
                    X