• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

still an unpleasant little scroat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still an unpleasant little scroat

Ched Evans: Wales footballer's rape conviction quashed - BBC News

Announcing the court's decision, Lady Justice Hallett said the judges heard "fresh evidence" during the appeal hearing on 22 and 23 March.
    She said: "In summary, we have concluded that we must allow the appeal and that it is in the interests of justice to order a retrial."
    The court quashed Mr Evans's conviction and declared: "The appellant will be retried on the allegation of rape."
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Thing is he might be a scumbag but there is a HUGE difference between being a scumbag and a rapist. If he was guilty then he deserved all he got. If hes innocent of rape, and just acted like a scumbag then he doesnt deserve the two plus years he got in jail.

I've got a feeling the retrial might find him not guilty this time. I think there was always something not quite right about this case.

IMHO we should be applauding this if he does, indeed, get off. Rape is a vile and serious crime - if a woman does something she later regrets then cries rape falsely all this does is make things MUCH harder for the genuine cases.

And dont get me started how a woman can claim rape, later withdraw it, and get away scot free whilst in the meantime the poor innocent fella gets his life ruined. Again, if you're guilty then you deserve to have your nuts removed with a spoon. IF you're guilty.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

He's a footballist, what do you expect. Almost everyone in that industry from top to bottom is a scroat.
      Its why we never win anything, its full of mediocrities.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

There will be a retrial. And he will be found guilty. And he won't play football again.

Hopefully will deter other footballers from misbehaving. Okay, okay. I know it won't. But I can hope.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          There will be a retrial. And he will be found guilty. And he won't play football again.

Hopefully will deter other footballers from misbehaving. Okay, okay. I know it won't. But I can hope.
          If you followed the case originally and knew the details, you'd know it was an unsafe conviction.

He's guilty of being a cheating cockwomble, for sure, but her story doesn't tie together with the evidence properly.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            He's a footballist, what do you expect. Almost everyone in that industry from top to bottom is a scroat.
            Ah, but after a Brexit won't there be more of a push for homegrown players Interestingly the current ratio of foreign managers to GB ones is 11-9 but it must be pointed out that the homegrown ones tend to be with the lower placed clubs. It would be great to have a successful British club with a British manager with a majority of British players winning the European titles...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              If you followed the case originally and knew the details, you'd know it was an unsafe conviction.

He's guilty of being a cheating cockwomble, for sure, but her story doesn't tie together with the evidence properly.
              indeed this was my take on it.

then he got tried in the court of public opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                They are all low educated young men who get paid lots of money, do you expect them to behave like sophisticated gentlemen? I would say there are a few bad apples and probably a few who go along with it but don't generalise.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Ah, but after a Brexit won't there be more of a push for homegrown players Interestingly the current ratio of foreign managers to GB ones is 11-9 but it must be pointed out that the homegrown ones tend to be with the lower placed clubs. It would be great to have a successful British club with a British manager with a majority of British players winning the European titles...
                  After Brexit all british footballers legs will fall off.

Love CMD.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    After Brexit all british footballers legs will fall off.

Might improve the general standard ...
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X