• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for QDOS re: IR35 contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for QDOS re: IR35 contracts

As per the discussion in General, are you seeing more contracts starting to fall under ir35?

Ta

What is this 'under' thing you talk about?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      What is this 'under' thing you talk about?
      It's a 3D version of inside.

Instead of circles in Venn diagrams, think of domes.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        It's a 3D version of inside.

Instead of circles in Venn diagrams, think of domes.
        WHS

Are you seeing more of the contracts you are being asked to review have clauses that deem the contract to fall within the IR35 legislation?

Comment

Not noticeably, but that's anecdotal. I've asked for a sweep of the last few months in terms of pass/fail rates.
          Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

The age old problem here is you are reviewing contracts from people that half half a clue what they are doing. It's the number of contracts we never see being done by the people that don't know or don't care that will sink us. Bit like when IPSE carry out a survey or something the respondents are the end that care so not truly respective of us all. IPSE survey says Do you work hard to be outside IR35. 80% say yes.. Reality.. Not quite the same... If that makes sense...

But anyway. I'd be interested in anything QDOS can share.

Likely to completely change in Apr 17 of course.....

Comment

The age old problem here is you are reviewing contracts from people that half half a clue what they are doing. It's the number of contracts we never see being done by the people that don't know or don't care that will sink us. Bit like when IPSE carry out a survey or something the respondents are the end that care so not truly respective of us all. IPSE survey says Do you work hard to be outside IR35. 80% say yes.. Reality.. Not quite the same... If that makes sense...

But anyway. I'd be interested in anything QDOS can share.

Likely to completely change in Apr 17 of course.....
              You are spot on.

In my last contract I got to my second extension, and although the contract hadn't changed, qdos guidance had and it failed.

The agency would only change it with agreement from the client, so I sat down with client Procurement and had 3 variations added. Out of circa 190 contractors on site, to the best of my knowledge I'm the only one who had the contract changed to be a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                You are spot on.

In my last contract I got to my second extension, and although the contract hadn't changed, qdos guidance had and it failed.

The agency would only change it with agreement from the client, so I sat down with client Procurement and had 3 variations added. Out of circa 190 contractors on site, to the best of my knowledge I'm the only one who had the contract changed to be a pass.
                Nice going... But that does tell me that the working practices will still be the same, just a different contract. It will certainly help you avoid an investigation the others might not but be in the same boat if it came down to the nutty gritty?

Comment

Nice going... But that does tell me that the working practices will still be the same, just a different contract. It will certainly help you avoid an investigation the others might not but be in the same boat if it came down to the nutty gritty?
                  Working practices didn't change. I have always thought them to be outside ir35. If you asked Procurement all is well. The danger anywhere is HR get involved and say what they think should be happening rather than what is. But at lease I showed some diligence.

As you said earlier, it's all very woolly (can't remember your exact words).

Comment

Fair play to you then. Nice little win and exercise for the future.

Comment

Working...
                    X