PDA

View Full Version : Plan B

Halo Jones
22nd April 2016, 06:51
Ok I had an idea the other day for a thing that would make life in construction much easier; thinking that someone must of build it already I googled it – but no – it does not exist.

But I have no knowledge of how to build / market / etc the thing

The 3 main components would be a clear plastic stick, a strip of ePaper & the processing power of your average basic calculator

So where to start..

MarillionFan
22nd April 2016, 07:24
Ok I had an idea the other day for a thing that would make life in construction much easier; thinking that someone must of build it already I googled it – but no – it does not exist.

The 3 main components would be a clear plastic stick, a strip of ePaper & the processing power of your average basic calculator

So where to start..

1st get project manager with a history of delivering complex projects.

Have you tried PM'ing Suity?

Troll
22nd April 2016, 07:41
Mock it up - There are some on here who are good with making stuff
Confirm it works
Pitch to the CUK dragons Den & go for crowd funding

tomtomagain
22nd April 2016, 07:52
So where to start..

By talking to some people in the construction industry who you think would use it.

Halo Jones
22nd April 2016, 07:56
By talking to some people in the construction industry who you think would use it.

I did - I spoke to myself for a long time about it :wink

BrilloPad
22nd April 2016, 07:59
First get the patent. Or at least write it out on paper, then post it to yourself.

tomtomagain
22nd April 2016, 08:07
I did - I spoke to myself for a long time about it :wink

Depends on how much time, effort and money you want to put into it.

So far you have one, very biased, data point.

alreadypacked
22nd April 2016, 09:06

So where to start..

Have you read The 4 Hour Work Week.

I was working on a Plan B, read the book, realised my skill set was the centre of the business and could not easily expand/ go on holiday. Cancelled Plan B, finding it hard to get started on Plan C.

You can have a lot of good ideas, but you really have to think if you want to execute the Plan.

Having a business that I could not go for two weeks holiday, was not going to work for me.

It's ok to imagine the business, but you also have to imagine you in the business.

FatLazyContractor
22nd April 2016, 09:09
Having a business that I could not go for two weeks holiday, was not going to work for me.

Fancy a holiday on my super yacht, lass? :D

alreadypacked
22nd April 2016, 10:15
Fancy a holiday on my super yacht, lass? :D

Did a holiday on a yacht, didn't like it.