• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B

Ok I had an idea the other day for a thing that would make life in construction much easier; thinking that someone must of build it already I googled it – but no – it does not exist.

But I have no knowledge of how to build / market / etc the thing

The 3 main components would be a clear plastic stick, a strip of ePaper & the processing power of your average basic calculator

So where to start..
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Ok I had an idea the other day for a thing that would make life in construction much easier; thinking that someone must of build it already I googled it – but no – it does not exist.

The 3 main components would be a clear plastic stick, a strip of ePaper & the processing power of your average basic calculator

So where to start..
    1st get project manager with a history of delivering complex projects.

Have you tried PM'ing Suity?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Mock it up - There are some on here who are good with making stuff
      Confirm it works
      Pitch to the CUK dragons Den & go for crowd funding
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

So where to start..
        By talking to some people in the construction industry who you think would use it.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
          By talking to some people in the construction industry who you think would use it.
          I did - I spoke to myself for a long time about it
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

First get the patent. Or at least write it out on paper, then post it to yourself.

Comment

I did - I spoke to myself for a long time about it
              Depends on how much time, effort and money you want to put into it.

So far you have one, very biased, data point.

Comment

So where to start..
                Have you read The 4 Hour Work Week.

I was working on a Plan B, read the book, realised my skill set was the centre of the business and could not easily expand/ go on holiday. Cancelled Plan B, finding it hard to get started on Plan C.

You can have a lot of good ideas, but you really have to think if you want to execute the Plan.

Having a business that I could not go for two weeks holiday, was not going to work for me.

It's ok to imagine the business, but you also have to imagine you in the business.
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post

Having a business that I could not go for two weeks holiday, was not going to work for me.
                  Fancy a holiday on my super yacht, lass?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                    Fancy a holiday on my super yacht, lass?
                    Did a holiday on a yacht, didn't like it.
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                    X