• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

the comeback of german militarism

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the comeback of german militarism

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/b0651290-638...0779e2340.html

i dont know if its good news for Britain (embroiled in Mr Blair colonial wars)
    Mr Krupp heirs will be be no sure entousiast (and maybe their counterpart, the vickers heirs)

This is a good thing. We should use the German flair for war to achieve Western goals. I only wish they were as efficient as before.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

You mean their flair for starting wars, coupled with our flair for wining them. An unbeatable proposition.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
        You mean their flair for starting wars, coupled with our flair for wining them. An unbeatable proposition.
        Forget that myth. The only war we won in the last century was the Falklands. The rest is a sorry tale of having to be rescued, converting losses into victory by propaganda etc. The French had the same misconception around 1939.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
          The only war we won in the last century was the Falklands.
          Officially, that wasn't a war. It was a conflict. The only difference being that Ossie Ardilles could continue to play for Spurs without being interned...
          Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Forget that myth. The only war we won in the last century was the Falklands. The rest is a sorry tale of having to be rescued, converting losses into victory by propaganda etc. The French had the same misconception around 1939.
            2nd Boer war?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

If Britain had sued for peace after Dunkirk meaning there was no Western front to defend, plus the considerable industrial output of GB was placed at the disposal of the Nazi war machine, would the battle in the East against Russia have gone differently?

(posting a "no...next" comment not acceptable )
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                If Britain had sued for peace after Dunkirk meaning there was no Western front to defend, plus the considerable industrial output of GB was placed at the disposal of the Nazi war machine, would the battle in the East against Russia have gone differently?

(posting a "no...next" comment not acceptable )
                Hard to tell. Without a base the US would be effectively out of Europe - the war would at the very least have been prolonged by a few years. I would guess the most likely outcome would have been a stalemate with Germany being pushed back to Poland.

Doesn't change my point though.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                  2nd Boer war?
                  Ok, I'll give you that.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Ok, I'll give you that.
                    Ok. Apart from the 2nd Boer War, the First World War the Second World War, the Falklands Conflict, Gulf War (Part 1 and Part 2), what wars have we won in the last 100 years...

(In tribute to the Python Team, as in 'What have the Romans ever done for us?)
                    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Working...
                    X