• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

manchester boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

manchester boom

So whats going on with manchester recently? I'm trying to buy a 120k property but each time im getting overbidden by 20-30k over asking price!!, or property is gone before i even have a chance to see it within a day.
    Is it like this in London atm ? will this last or its a sign of an end of the boom?

/discuss

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    So whats going on with manchester recently? I'm trying to buy a 120k property but each time im getting overbidden by 20-30k over asking price!!, or property is gone before i even have a chance to see it within a day.
    Is it like this in London atm ? will this last or its a sign of an end of the boom?

/discuss
    You've missed it in Manchester by around 3 years.
    Londons far worse
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      You've missed it in Manchester by around 3 years.
      Londons far worse
      I bought flat a year ago, it wasnt even nearly like this.

Comment

/discuss
        Obvs. At £120k you must be looking in Moss Side and drug dealers have more money.

What is there now where Hulme Flats used to be? I was having it away with a lass who squatted there, she was posh, from Sussex, well out of her depth so I used that insecurity to my advantage. Long time ago, but I well remember leaving aprés-coitus about 10:30pm and having to do so without being seen, like SAS I was, not as in Guru, as in Super Army Soldiers.....

Where has the fun in life gone?

Comment

I bought flat a year ago, it wasnt even nearly like this.
          Obviously depends where and what area, but my previous comment still stands.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Obvs. At £120k you must be looking in Moss Side and drug dealers have more money.

What is there now where Hulme Flats used to be? I was having it away with a lass who squatted there, she was posh, from Sussex, well out of her depth so I used that insecurity to my advantage. Long time ago, but I well remember leaving aprés-coitus about 10:30pm and having to do so without being seen, like SAS I was, not as in Guru, as in Super Army Soldiers.....

Where has the fun in life gone?
            actually salford (around pendleton and one regent street) pendelton advertised as 115k -gone for 125k and regent street area 125 - gone for £140k in 2 days

Comment

actually salford (around pendleton and one regent street) pendelton advertised as 115k -gone for 125k and regent street area 125 - gone for £140k in 2 days
              You are competing against the BBC types?

Comment

Don't bother, you are just chasing the last crumbs. Wait till after it all collapses, and if it doesn't, keep on working till you are 85 and make some serious money working for ASDA collecting and snaking trollies well beyond the accepted 20 trolley limit.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  Don't bother, you are just chasing the last crumbs. Wait till after it all collapses, and if it doesn't, keep on working till you are 85 and make some serious money working for ASDA collecting and snaking trollies well beyond the accepted 20 trolley limit.
                  Well it all seems developing well now, why would it crash.
                  this is what they are building next to my house:
                  Last edited by diseasex; 22 April 2016, 15:53.

Comment

Well it all seems developing well now, why would it crash
                    When properties prices rise to the extent that no-one at all in the real world can afford a place. That's not far off. It's all based on nothing in the end. A house is just just a small patch of land, some bricks etc, some labour cost sticking it all together. The only difference is demand and low interest rates.

I've got five kids, 23-16, there is no way any of them can or will buy a property, the only chance is inheritance, marrying a rich person, or making it big. In 15 years the amount of people with the wherewith all to buy will be negligible cos 95% of the populous will be paying off student loans.

Comment

Working...
                    X