• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies can see when you logged in to a recruitment website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agencies can see when you logged in to a recruitment website

So I found out today.
    Received an email from the agency I currently work through, I can see you logged in to reed.co.uk, is there something wrong with your contract, please contact me asap.
    I'm just ignoring it, not replying, but I wonder if this is true for all recruitment websites

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    So I found out today.
    Received an email from the agency I currently work through, I can see you logged in to reed.co.uk, is there something wrong with your contract, please contact me asap.
    I'm just ignoring it, not replying, but I wonder if this is true for all recruitment websites
    I posted something on linkedin regarding my phone number that changed and immediately had a call from the agent asking if everything is ok and if i'm extending for sure..
    I guess the competition is strong

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
      I posted something on linkedin regarding my phone number that changed and immediately had a call from the agent asking if everything is ok and if i'm extending for sure..
      I guess the competition is strong
      That's why I don't connect with agencies and employees of the client I'm in contract with, only after the job is finished

Comment

So I found out today.

Um, no, it's not true. It might depend who the agent is and what you did on the website but the idea that someone is tracking your every move is false.
        Stop picking your nose.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Um, no, it's not true. It might depend who the agent is and what you did on the website but the idea that someone is tracking your every move is false.
          Stop picking your nose.
          Not saying they are tracking every move, but I suppose when an agency looks at a profile it may say something like last login <date>

Comment

So I found out today.
            Reply: "Please stop stalking me."

Probably the site search the results can be ordered according to most recent login or edit.

For one of he job sites (can't remember, but it wasn't Reed), shortly after re-uploading my CV had a call and the agent mentioned they had me on their "contractor watchlist". Could be bull but seemed genuine at the time.

Comment

If you logged in to reed.co.uk and someone from reed.co.uk got in touch, well, whatever.

If you logged in to reed.co.uk and someone from somewhere else got in touch saying "Hey, I see you logged in to reed.co.uk" then I suggest contacting the Office of the Information Commissioner, or whatever they're called nowadays, because nobody outside of reed.co.uk should know you logged in there.

Comment

Trackers

Maybe it's time to install tracking blockers?

Check this out https://disconnect.me

Comment

I had verbally accepted an offer of a place though Jobserve a few years ago and then noticed a killer contract, also on Jobserve. I applied and within a few minutes I got a call from the original agent asking why I was applying for roles when I had accepted his. He told me he had me on a watch list of some kind.
                  "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                    I had verbally accepted an offer of a place though Jobserve a few years ago and then noticed a killer contract, also on Jobserve. I applied and within a few minutes I got a call from the original agent asking why I was applying for roles when I had accepted his. He told me he had me on a watch list of some kind.

Was the second job through an agency connected with the first, or was the second job for a company that the first agency was also advertising?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X