• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Curry

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curry

Curry restaurants in crisis as immigration rules keep out chefs | Business | The Guardian

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        I don't know why, but she gives me the impression that, that is the look a women would give when unveiling AtW's erect manhood.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I don't know why, but she gives me the impression that, that is the look a women would give when unveiling AtW's erect manhood.
          Do you spend a lot of time pondering AtW's erect manhood? Is it because he's more successful than you?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Do you spend a lot of time pondering AtW's erect manhood? Is it because he's more successful than you?
            Plenty of us are more successful than MF. He's a wage slave who mistakes travel slavery for a relative pittance as success.

Although we all bow to AtW. His is a genuine and and real accomplishment.
            Last edited by sasguru; 22 April 2016, 21:58.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

What a load of rubbish. There's more than enough curry houses in the UK and more than enough Asians to have a good supply of students with a background of Asian cuisine to provide trainees.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
                What a load of rubbish. There's more than enough curry houses in the UK and more than enough Asians to have a good supply of students with a background of Asian cuisine to provide trainees.
                Silly.

No South Asian parent who holds a British passport would allow their child to be a chef as it's hard work and not respectable.

They are fine if the child runs businesses but to actually be the chef isn't on.

Have a word with a few of the staff at your local restaurants and takeaways. You will find a lot of British Asians at the front of the house and they will tell you proudly where the chef is from.

This issue has been brewing for years. So much so the beeb did a program on a resturant taking on apprentices. It was some form of competition. Out of the few who got taken on, only one guy lasted. He was a white teenager. The rest including British Asians found the work far too hard.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Same thing is reported every year, for at least the last 4 years....
                  Similar article, below..

Rising costs put third of Britain’s curry houses at risk of closure | Life and style | The Guardian
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

It's only a problem if we have a shortage of such places and as far as I can see we don't. On the rare occasions I go for a curry round here customers seem rather sparse and that was true in other places when I was still contracting. In Tower Hamlets the council had to try and address the health problems of far too many take aways.

The UK economy is not benefited by a plethora of struggling little ethnic businesses if our welfare has to supplement low wages that are inadequate to support a family.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X