• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I read it on a UKIP pamplet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read it on a UKIP pamplet

Now I understand why some people on here are UKIP fans

Is it cos I is fick?

Ukip candidate asks: what happens when renewable energy runs out? | Politics | The Guardian
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Surely nuclear is the only sustainable energy?
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Maybe it's because historically speaking windfarms aren't especially effective as sustainable energy sources.

Something to do with the amount of energy consumed in the production, installation, support and operation of the devices and the unreliability of the wind.

I know that Germany loves them these days, but don't those of a boxhead persuasion import rather a lot of energy from countries with real powerstations or large hydro installations to cope with the gap left by the oh so green windfarms?

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        Yup, it looks like dumbstadt is hopelessly confused about the distinction between "sustainable" and "renewable".
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Everyone knows too many wind farms will stop the wind. Just like tidal wave energy will stop the tides and cause the moon to leave earth orbit just like Space: 1999.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Yup, it looks like dumbstadt is hopelessly confused about the distinction between "sustainable" and "renewable".
            Sadly, as are most of the Cabinet...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Go back to your kipper meeting along with the rest of the nasty little people that the UK seems to be breeding now and explain it to them or are you the author of said pamphlet, which wouldn't surprise me in the very least

Technologies that promote sustainable energy include renewable energy sources, such as hydroelectricity, solar energy, wind energy, wave power, geothermal energy, bioenergy, tidal power and also technologies designed to improve energy efficiency.
              All renewable energy sources like solar, wind, geothermal, hydropower, wave and tidal power are forms of sustainable energy.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Go back to your kipper meeting along with the rest of the nasty little people that the UK seems to be breeding now and explain it to them or are you the author of said pamphlet, which wouldn't surprise me in the very least
                play the ball, not the man!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  Radiation from it is sustainable for a few thousand years ...

Comment

The desire to get rid of windfarms is more to do with the fact that they kill wild birds, mess with aviation (we nearly lost our local airfield when they tried to build one nearby), are unreliable (don't work when there's no wind) and mess up the visual landscape for miles around.

Comment

Working...
                    X