• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

client refusing to sign off timeshet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

client refusing to sign off timeshet

Very relieved to have finished on Friday - however, the client has not signed off my timesheet. The contract was purely hours that I can do at any time over the week. I have fulfilled the obligation - the fact he had no work for me to do is not my problem.

I have phoned, left two messages, emailed, text messaged and sent several reminders through the timesheet portal. Not any response, nada.

Phoned agent who sent chaser email. Agent not had a response either.

I guess small claims court is next option? Anyone had any success or otherwise? It is a couple of grand so worth progressing on principle if nothing else.

As your contract is with the agency, wouldn't you have to claim against them rather than the end client, with it being up to them to go after the client? Might not be worthwhile if you want to work through them again.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      Very relieved to have finished on Friday - however, the client has not signed off my timesheet. The contract was purely hours that I can do at any time over the week. I have fulfilled the obligation - the fact he had no work for me to do is not my problem.

I have phoned, left two messages, emailed, text messaged and sent several reminders through the timesheet portal. Not any response, nada.

Phoned agent who sent chaser email. Agent not had a response either.

I guess small claims court is next option? Anyone had any success or otherwise? It is a couple of grand so worth progressing on principle if nothing else.

So, today is Tuesday and you're talking about a timesheet that refers to 5 days ago?

If so, calm down dear, give it a few days.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        As your contract is with the agency, wouldn't you have to claim against them rather than the end client, with it being up to them to go after the client? Might not be worthwhile if you want to work through them again.
        Yes, with the agency. However, if the client refuses, that gets passed down to myself. No signoff from the portal = no payment to me.

Maybe I do need to give if some time, but, I am unhappy about the avoidance from the client.

Comment

And your opt in/out status is what?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You left site without all your timesheets being signed off?

AYCOTBAC?
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

AYCOTBAC?
              This is Wimslow we are taking about. The fact he is able to draw his next breath unaided is an achievement.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                So, today is Tuesday and you're talking about a timesheet that refers to 5 days ago?

If so, calm down dear, give it a few days.
                +1 However if its not done by the end of today, nick a Tank (or another suitably armoured vehicle) and drive it straight into reception while shouting 'sign it you mutha!!!' at maximum volume HTHBIDI

Comment

Forget about it - happened to me twice because both companies went bust. Just part of the scenery, make sure your tax returns reflect any losses etc.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                    Did you turn up on site to do no work? Or did you do no work from home?

Comment

Working...
                    X