• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Seems our current economic woes result largely from oversupply

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems our current economic woes result largely from oversupply

paradoxically ..

2016-04-25 "A Total Game Changer" - From Over-Population To De-Population

Flip me, it's a long article though, and all those graphs look horribly intricate ...

Conclusion

:::

What happens as population growth turns to population decline is honestly and literally a complete and total game changer. A flat to declining number of buyers and consumers opposite ramping elderly sellers plus their unfunded liabilities is a problem with no happy resolutions. Currencies (what will constitute "money"), "free-markets", and perhaps the basis of civilization hang in the balance of the transition from high population growth to potential outright depopulation.

I believe this is the correct lens through which to view and understand why growth is perpetually weakening, why commodity overcapacity and slowing demand will only accelerate, why the Treasury market continues to see "buying" despite the near total absence of buyers (Treasury Mystery), why equities are a "buy" (but for all the wrong reasons), and why precious metal valuations are so extremely suspect in the face of a monetary onslaught.
    Must admit, I had the impression that population growth was still steaming ahead unchecked in certain already grossly overpopulated countries such as some in Africa, and of course India.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Great find!

An economic and financial system premised on perpetual growth was bound to run into trouble.

Indeed.

Maybe instead of tracking GDP, now GDP/head of population will be tracked?

Japan seems to be the case study. Are Japanese citizens really worse off? They still seem to have enough money to buy "used schoolgirl underwear"(which is probably new ones rubbed on prawns) so is life that difficult?

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      some unsubstantiated drivel from the dodgy zero-hedge website.
      And for that reason I am out.
      HTH BIDI.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Great find!
        HTH BIDI.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          HTH BIDI.
          Care to say what is wrong with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            HTH BIDI.
            Thank f000kk for that. Bring back Spelling Bee!

Comment

Thank f000kk for that. Bring back Spelling Bee!
              speling bee

Comment

Care to say what is wrong with it?
                That can be your homework.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Great find!

An economic and financial system premised on perpetual growth was bound to run into trouble.

Indeed.

Maybe instead of tracking GDP, now GDP/head of population will be tracked?

Japan seems to be the case study. Are Japanese citizens really worse off? They still seem to have enough money to buy "used schoolgirl underwear"(which is probably new ones rubbed on prawns) so is life that difficult?
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                    ah its MM! You worked out yet why a 50% drop in house prices is unlikely to benefit you at all?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X