• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

burden on rich increases

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

burden on rich increases

Nearly half of Britons pay no income tax as burden on rich increases

So the rich get richer, the poor get poorer. Then the poor earn so little they cannot pay tax.

We are all in this together.....

EDIT: Lets hold a telefon for them.....
    Last edited by BrilloPad; 27 April 2016, 08:39. Reason: EDIT: Lets hold a telefon for them.....

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

So the rich get richer, the poor get poorer. Then the poor earn so little they cannot pay tax.

Don't forget that there were a vast number of contractors in that boat. Which is why we are all getting screwed now.

Comment

You really have a logic deficit, don't you?
      For homework try to figure out why...
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Hang on a sec I thought we were supposed to hate Osborne because he said he would reduce tax for the poor and tax the rich more - and he was obviously not doing that....

when he obviously is....

So how does that work then?

Has he not reduced tax for the working man more than labour ever did?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Hang on a sec I thought we were supposed to hate Osborne because he said he would reduce tax for the poor and tax the rich more - and he was obviously not doing that....

when he obviously is....

So how does that work then?

Has he not reduced tax for the working man more than labour ever did?
          He has done that. By increasing inequality.

Comment

He has done that. By increasing inequality.
            You are going to have to run that by me again

So he promised to reduce tax for 'low income earners' he has reduced tax for 'low income earners' and that is not enough?

I am confused.

Comment

U.K.'s Top 1% of Earners Now Paying a Quarter of All Income Tax - Bloomberg

Comment

I have noticed, over the years, as my turnover grows that people/companies come out of the woodwork trying to relieve me of my earnings. Every excuse under the sun, you name it. This behaviour attracts people to hoard, imo.

It's the most annoying thing ever. I've worked damed hard to get to where I'm at. I now treat every new acquaintance with scruples until I'm knowing them well enough before even thinking of trusting.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  You are going to have to run that by me again

So he promised to reduce tax for 'low income earners' he has reduced tax for 'low income earners' and that is not enough?

I am confused.
                  There's a short circuit in BP's brain - I've often noticed it.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    There's a short circuit in BP's brain - I've often noticed it.
                    haven't you left the forum yesterday?

Comment

Working...
                    X