• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

not extending - how bad is that in eyes of an agent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not extending - how bad is that in eyes of an agent

as title says and previous post. I've got horrible commute and will want to change gig in a month. The agent is quite active around area and dont want to lose him
    thoughts?

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    as title says and previous post. I've got horrible commute and will want to change gig in a month. The agent is quite active around area and dont want to lose him
    thoughts?
    Don't worry about it. Life's too short. Be honest and professional about it.

Comment

The agent will despise you. That's £200 a day he won't be getting in commission.

Luckily, there's about a million agents that will love you when you join their books.

Comment

thoughts?
        He won't lose any sleep over you (in fact I doubt he will even you remember you the following morning) so I wouldn't lose any sleep over what you think he thinks of you.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

If you are sure you are going to bounce out just give them plenty of warning of why you are going to do it. You never know it might get you what you want. I have had plenty of roles that say no until they realise that you will walk if they don't change.

Comment

Maybe get a day or 2 WFH, made my life a lot less miserable when I was commuting to London from the West Mids.

Comment

thoughts?
              You seriously need to grow some if you are bothered about what the agent thinks when you are in a situation you can no longer put up with.

An agent is an agent. There are plenty about and all they think about is making money.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

2-4 weeks towards the end of the contract I will state my intentions or ask them theirs. If its via an agency I would do it via the agency in the first instance to see how they want to manage it. Ultimately my contract is with them.

I couldn't give a tulip what an agent thinks about me leaving to be frank. If they don't want my services in the future there are plenty of others, often at the same agency, who do....

Comment

thoughts?
                  You won't lose him.

No matter how badly you treat agents, they're soon back like whipped curs, offering you new roles
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    You seriously need to grow some if you are bothered about what the agent thinks when you are in a situation you can no longer put up with.

An agent is an agent. There are plenty about and all they think about is making money.
                    It's just for discussion. I know what to do.

Comment

Working...
                    X