• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How thick can you get?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How thick can you get?

Couple pick 'wrong' Birmingham in holiday blunder - BBC News

A couple booked a dream holiday to Las Vegas, only to discover when they arrived at Birmingham Airport they had mistakenly booked to fly from Birmingham Alabama.
    Richella Heekin saved for two years for a surprise £1,200 holiday for boyfriend Ben Marlow's 30th birthday last month.
    But the excited couple arrived to find the airline's desk closed.
    Staff confirmed the BHM airport code on their tickets meant Birmingham Alabama, not the UK's second city.
    The airport code for the British Birmingham is BHX.
    "Richella's face has just gone red and she's in tears," said Mr Marlow.
    "I was like - we're not going to Vegas then.
    "I was more gutted for Richella than myself because it was a surprise."
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Couple pick 'wrong' Birmingham in holiday blunder - BBC News

A couple booked a dream holiday to Las Vegas, only to discover when they arrived at Birmingham Airport they had mistakenly booked to fly from Birmingham Alabama.
    Richella Heekin saved for two years for a surprise £1,200 holiday for boyfriend Ben Marlow's 30th birthday last month.
    But the excited couple arrived to find the airline's desk closed.
    Staff confirmed the BHM airport code on their tickets meant Birmingham Alabama, not the UK's second city.
    The airport code for the British Birmingham is BHX.
    "Richella's face has just gone red and she's in tears," said Mr Marlow.
    "I was like - we're not going to Vegas then.
    "I was more gutted for Richella than myself because it was a surprise."
    Feel bad for them though, shame but always double check before hitting the button.

Comment

Imagine the price from Alabama to LV was a tad cheaper than from the UK so they thought they'd got a mega bargain. Typical. Surely any confirmation would state the full name of Birmingham, Alabama rather than just the airport code as well.

Apparently, on the website, it does warn users that there are two Birminghams and to check the right one so its their fault.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I blame the parents. Naming your child Richella guaranteed low educational attainment.

Comment

Imagine the price from Alabama to LV was a tad cheaper than from the UK so they thought they'd got a mega bargain. Typical. Surely any confirmation would state the full name of Birmingham, Alabama rather than just the airport code as well.

Apparently, on the website, it does warn users that there are two Birminghams and to check the right one so its their fault.
          I expect the flight times might be a little different too.

Comment

How thick can you get?
            Just when we think we've got an answer, you come along with another post.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Just when we think we've got an answer, you come along with another post.
              But it's handy have someone close to the subject matter who can advise us.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                But it's handy have someone close to the subject matter who can advise us.
                At last you have found your niche OG. And with so much brazen stupidity at large in the world today, you will never be short of matters to comment upon.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Big relief to find someone thicker than yew, eh PC?
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I always check about 10 times and get someone else to check holiday bookings. Though usually rechecking dates and times

Comment

Working...
                    X