• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Direct with Client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Direct with Client

Hi All,

This is the first time I am going to work directly with the client, ie no agencies.

What is the procedure to take? Is it the client issues some sort of contract between me and him or I have to raise a contract between me and him? And when do you raise an invoice? Does that need to be agreed with the client or you set your own terms?

I have always worked with agencies before, so this is all new to me.

Thanks for your help

Originally posted by farout775 View Post
    Hi All,

This is the first time I am going to work directly with the client, ie no agencies.

What is the procedure to take? Is it the client issues some sort of contract between me and him or I have to raise a contract between me and him? And when do you raise an invoice? Does that need to be agreed with the client or you set your own terms?

I have always worked with agencies before, so this is all new to me.

Thanks for your help
    Depends on the client. Some have their own they like to use but a lot will expect you to give them one. It depends...

Strike early and offer up the IPSE one you can get off their site... IR35 complaint etc....

Comment

Generally, you raise the contract, you define the payment terms and you define the invoicing periods.

Of course, once it is raised you need to agree it with them, so they may ask for changes.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
        Depends on the client. Some have their own they like to use but a lot will expect you to give them one. It depends...

Strike early and offer up the IPSE one you can get off their site... IR35 complaint etc....
        Thanks dx4100, will have a look at the IPSE website then to find this type of contract.

Comment

Thanks dx4100, will have a look at the IPSE website then to find this type of contract.
          You will need to be a member....

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
            You will need to be a member....
            Yes I was thinking of doing the plus membership actually.

Comment

@nluk @mudskipper @thefaqqer gogogo

Comment

Use IPSEMGM0627 when you join to get a £10 voucher
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

<cough>IPSEMGM0656</cough>

Edit: Eek got in first.
                  Last edited by Pondlife; 29 April 2016, 08:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    <cough>IPSEMGM0627</cough>

FTFY
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X