• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Acupuncture

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acupuncture

Has anyone had it? I just did! £47!!!!!!! For a bad back it was.

"You should feel an electrical shock, or pins & needles or maybe a bit like a bee sting!" - She said

"OW!!!! How about like someone sticking a freaking needle in me?!!!?"

"Yes - thats it"

To takeaway the pain - stick in a nother needle.

Rubbish
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Properly done accupuncture won't cause pain - I had it on my back against astma (and it helped), and when I walked into the places I've seen women there with like 30 needles on their face!!!

Comment

Did you catch any interesting diseases off the alternative therapists? They're normally up for it.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Ah yes.

The "relief" massage...
        Nearly had one of those in Koh Samui years ago but got the jitters at the last moment and didn't ask. Good job too as I was told later that she wasn't that type of masseuse and it wasn't that type of hotel.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
          Properly done accupuncture won't cause pain - I had it on my back against astma (and it helped), and when I walked into the places I've seen women there with like 30 needles on their face!!!
          Agree, it should not cause pain. A friend had it done under the NHS, it was painful and craaap.. Then had it done privately and there was no pain.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

If you fail pain during accupuncture then it is very likely that the needle is simply not getting into the right spot, so you ain't going to get benefits.

It's like horoscopes - proper ones (if there can possibly be any) require your DOB up to an hour, heck think 15 mins make difference for them where as everyone gets horoscopes based on period of whole month.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              If you fail pain during accupuncture then it is very likely that the needle is simply not getting into the right spot, so you ain't going to get benefits.

It's like horoscopes - proper ones (if there can possibly be any) require your DOB up to an hour, heck think 15 mins make difference for them where as everyone gets horoscopes based on period of whole month.
              How can you compare horoscopes (Lets divy the sky up into 12 because there are 12 months and we can see 12 planets and hope no more planets are found because if they are it screws the whole thing up - DOH more planets found and reclassified, etc) to acupuncture.

One is absolute tosh and the other actually works if done properly.

Comment

I thought this thread was going to be about Accenture

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
                  How can you compare horoscopes... to acupuncture.
                  I can, because I am ****ing amazing?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    I can, because I am ****ing amazing?
                    I was thinking more along the lines of retarded, but maybe we have a translation error somewhere here and mean the same thing... :P

but in all seriousness do you really belive in the horoscope tosh ? My wife was told that her horoscope didn't match mine perfectly when we got married but it would be OK if I had a degree, WTF has that got to do with horoscopes ffs ???

Comment

Working...
                    X