• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Could the Irish vote swing it for Remain?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could the Irish vote swing it for Remain?

Just wondering like. DOn't have numbers and can't be bothered to look?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Nope. I've already got 2/3 in the office for Brexit.

Comment

Telegraph had an article saying that everyone should vote remain, otherwise the wealthy would see their property portfolios lose money, in the article it had an online vote for the readers, in or out.

75% out.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
        Nope. I've already got 2/3 in the office for Brexit.
        Seriously though, there must be a large Irish pop in the Uk, eligible to vote, and I can't see most of them voting Leave, particularly as everyone in Ireland seems against it:

Brexit: a referendum on Ireland’s future
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Good point, Brexit would mean a return to border controls twixt North and South and possibly The Troubles 2.0 as part of the North seeks to become part of the EU.

Give Ireland back to the Brexins....

Comment

Seriously though, there must be a large Irish pop in the Uk, eligible to vote, and I can't see most of them voting Leave, particularly as everyone in Ireland seems against it:

Don't forget the >100,000 UK Nationals in Ireland most of whom are eligible to vote.

Comment

That's the same Ireland that had to vote twice on the Lisbon treaty?

On a serious note, the DUP and UKIP are the only parties that are officially pro-Brexit.

Comment

No. Some (although not all) of the polling includes NI, and you see a similar picture (strong but dwindling lead for Remain in the phone polls, mixed in the online polls). Having 700k British expats in the EU (mainly Bremainers) without the vote may make a difference but, again, probably not much. Anyway, in aggregate, the polling should incorporate the NI population resident elsewhere in the UK and some polls also include the NI resident population explicitly.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  Good point, Brexit would mean a return to border controls twixt North and South and possibly The Troubles 2.0 as part of the North seeks to become part of the EU.

Give Ireland back to the Brexins....
                  Cobblers. The UK and RoI have a common travel area long pre-dating the EU:

UK-RoI CTA

And, as I mentioned, the DUP is for Brexit.

Comment

Was it a Vote-for-a-Pint competition?

Comment

Working...
                    X