• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suity Hols mega update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suity Hols mega update

Whitehaven cancelled as the kids don't like the idea of bathing of next to a nuclear powerstation.

So I've booked us into a Villa in St Tropez.

Can I get upgraded to Proper Contractor now?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Rome, Naples, Bali, Donegal. That's before October and I'm a permie...
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Whitehaven cancelled as the kids don't like the idea of bathing of next to a nuclear powerstation.

Sellafield is not a nuclear power station...

Windscale Piles shut down yonks ago, Calder Hall being decommissioned now...

Comment

Don't plan anything that involves driving during the day, the traffic is quite something, otherwise am a big fan. The old town is very nice of an evening but leave the rug-rats with the au-pair (c:

Comment

Not yet....

Comment

No, NEXT!!!

Comment

At airport, drinking champagne while missus and kids asleep upstairs in hotel room. Turkey beckons in the morning.

Bloody school had the cheek to complain I took one of my kids out. Jealous?
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                At airport, drinking champagne while missus and kids asleep upstairs in hotel room. Turkey beckons in the morning.

Bloody school had the cheek to complain I took one of my kids out. Jealous?
                Turkey is a brave choice

I was there 30+ years ago and oh so nearly bought a Bar in Kushadasi - just before the tourist wave hit

I went back to Istanbul last year and was very shocked how much it had changed from the secular state I had known in my yoof - the queues to see the toe nail clippings of some long dead person at the Topkapı Palace & the underling anti Western sentiments suggest this is not a place to be taking your family
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  Turkey is a brave choice

I was there 30+ years ago and oh so nearly bought a Bar in Kushadasi - just before the tourist wave hit

I went back to Istanbul last year and was very shocked how much it had changed from the secular state I had known in my yoof - the queues to see the toe nail clippings of some long dead person at the Topkapı Palace & the underling anti Western sentiments suggest this is not a place to be taking your family
                  Sounds like it's too late, still his other alternative was Egypt.

You would have thought with all his moolah, he would have lashed out on something ludicrously expensive, rather than something that is cheap, as it is in a semi terrorist zone
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    Turkey is a brave choice
                    Blackpool next then or Brighton?

Comment

Working...
                    X