• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Notice Period on contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice Period on contract

I have just revceived a new contract for employment that states the employer can give me 2 weeks notice anytime during my contract, however I am unable to give notice and am obliged to work out the full term of my contract.

I am uncomforable with the fact that this doesn't offer equal rights to me as a contractor, can anyone adivse if this can be legally enforced?

get used to it you are a contractor not a permie.

My current one is immeadiate notice for client and I have to work the term. Unless you're tulipe you don't need to worry about it

Comment

Originally posted by Sassy
      I have just revceived a new contract for employment that states the employer can give me 2 weeks notice anytime during my contract, however I am unable to give notice and am obliged to work out the full term of my contract.

I am uncomforable with the fact that this doesn't offer equal rights to me as a contractor, can anyone adivse if this can be legally enforced?
      Rights? Are you a permie? If you want to have a legal notice of 2 weeks, say that you want a legal notice of 2 weeks or else raise the rate as this gives your customer a fixed rate which you don't feel is convenient for you at the moment.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

worst case ?

You tell them that you need a morning off to attend hospital as the drugs are not controlling your aids problem so well.

Comment

Originally posted by where did my id go?
          worst case ?

You tell them that you need a morning off to attend hospital as the drugs are not controlling your aids problem so well.
          Don't forget to mention that you re also a haemophiliac and usually get lots of nosebleeds at this time of year and are sure they are about to start any time now.....

Comment

Welcome to the proper contractor board, Sassy.

The guys they speak the truth. Contracting is about running a business and delivering to your clients. It isn't about employment rights.
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

oh and employer ????

don't you mean client

You are the debt bint and I claim my crisp £5

Comment

Originally posted by Sassy

Employer?

Staff member?

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
                  oh and employer ????

don't you mean client

You are the debt bint and I claim my crisp £5
                  I hope it is a case of being on the wrong forum...

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
                    Don't forget to mention that you re also a haemophilia
                    Careful here - it may be confused with necro...

Comment

Working...
                    X