• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pi/PL/El insurance renewal timing.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pi/PL/El insurance renewal timing.

MY PI/PL/EL insurances are up at the end of this month, my next contract renewal is 5 months away, do I bother renewing them straight away or wait until I next need to show evidence of them? Lets face it the only reason we fork out for them is because evidence of holding them is required when we sign a contract, on ones ever claimed on them so its the equivalent of throwing 300 odd quid out of the window every year. Thoughts?

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    MY PI/PL/EL insurances are up at the end of this month, my next contract renewal is 5 months away, do I bother renewing them straight away or wait until I next need to show evidence of them? Lets face it the only reason we fork out for them is because evidence of holding them is required when we sign a contract, on ones ever claimed on them so its the equivalent of throwing 300 odd quid out of the window every year. Thoughts?
    Let me guess, you don't have car insurance either

Comment

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
      Let me guess, you don't have car insurance either
      Eer no, last time I looked people have claimed on car insurance, and it a criminal offence not to have it...PI/PL insurances etc are just a box ticking exercise IMO.
      Last edited by SlipTheJab; 3 May 2016, 15:02.

Comment

Thoughts?
        Yeah. MF had one once. HTH.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It is a legal requirement to have EL if you are paying the wife though isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            It is a legal requirement to have EL if you are paying the wife though isn't it?
            Even if she is a director?

Comment

Eer no, last time I looked people have claimed on car insurance, and it a criminal offence not to have it...PI/PL insurances etc are just a box ticking exercise IMO.
              One CUK poster recently thought that and ended up being stuffed.

Don't do it.

Comment

Even if she is a director?
                I'll let you work that out

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  I'll let you work that out
                  Are you feeling OK? No 'What does your accountant say?', 'Have you done a search?'

Comment

I prefer to have it, especially as I usually work with live systems.
                    I would also suggest in not keeping them running it could be a hole in an IR35 defence.

Driving without car insurance however, fill yer boots
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X