• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU Commission Backs Visa-Free Travel throughout EU For 80 Million Turks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU Commission Backs Visa-Free Travel throughout EU For 80 Million Turks

2016-05-04 Here Comes The Turkish Flood: EU Commission Backs Visa-Free Travel For 80 Million Turks

Earlier this week we observed that in what may be Europe's latest mistake, the European Union is about to grant visa-gree travel to 80 million Turks: a key concession that Erdogan obtained as a result of the ongoing negotiations over Europe's refugee crisis which has pushed Turkey into the key player spotlight. And then, overnight, the European Commission officially granted its support to a visa-free travel deal with Turkey after Ankara threatened to back out of a landmark migration deal. It proposed to lift visa requirements by the end of June.

The decision was confirmed by European Commissioner for Competition Margrethe Vestager on Twitter. ..
    If this causes a noticeable amount of immigration before the EU referendum, that might nudge more people towards a Brexit vote.

Well, that and the proposal, whose publication has been postponed until July for obvious reasons, to merge the British Army and Wermacht among others into a combined EU army.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Yay, the gateway to Syria, Iran, Iraq, Palestine on your doorstep.

Vote in, Merkel says the Island Monkey's have nothing to fear.

Comment

Thank god for that. Was in 'town' earlier and the high street had way too many pizza places. Could do with more kebab shops.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Yay, the gateway to Syria, Iran, Iraq, Palestine on your doorstep.

Vote in, Merkel says the Island Monkey's will have no voice in twenty years if we vote to stay in now.
        FYFY

Bit like some of the American states who now realise that someone may actually vote Trump into president and there is nothing they can do about it

Still at least they get a vote over who is their overlord.

Comment

Holy tulip!
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

There is no visa-free travel within the EU. There is for the Schengen zone (ie most of it) but Britain and Ireland aren't in that so visas still need.

In any case Turks have always had hassle-free visa access to UK under the ECAA Ankara Agreement...

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              2016-05-04 Here Comes The Turkish Flood: EU Commission Backs Visa-Free Travel For 80 Million Turks

If this causes a noticeable amount of immigration before the EU referendum, that might nudge more people towards a Brexit vote.

Well, that and the proposal, whose publication has been postponed until July for obvious reasons, to merge the British Army and Wermacht among others into a combined EU army.
              You might want to read some real news and then you would know exactly what is happening with this rather than some sensationalist right wing clap trap that seems to be only suitable for CUK bigots...

(* I will admit that I don't agree with this either but then again, UKIP voted for it...)
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I'll worry about it if the UK ever comes within the schengen area.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Gonna be fun looking back at this in five years, after the In vote win, with all the idiots shouting "How the fook did this happen? I didn't vote for this? I have no vote anymore? We cannot stop this! Why did this happen? Why can't we stop this? How comes we have no say?".

But the flabby liberals will be laughing whilst sipping a Latte and reading the Guardian.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Gonna be fun looking back at this in five years, after the In vote win, with all the idiots shouting "How the fook did this happen? I didn't vote for this? I have no vote anymore? We cannot stop this! Why did this happen? Why can't we stop this? How comes we have no say?".

But the flabby liberals will be laughing whilst sipping a Latte and reading the Guardian.
                    I am so voting BREXIT, and now I want to vote Trump.

My political compass doesn't know which direction to point!
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                    X