• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WAG Coleen is inspired by poor but 'happy' Africans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems Coleen McLoughlin is happiest when satiating her prodigious thirst for the latest deluxe item.

So her belief the poverty-stricken around the world, who live barren lives without the means to buy even basic necessities seem 'happy', is a little perplexing to say the least.

The 20-year-old fiancee of multimillionaire Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney is set to raise some eyebrows with her extraordinary statements.

Praising Madonna for her controversial adoption of Malawi-born 13 month-year-old David Banda, she writes: "Little David will probably have a much safer life over here and loads more opportunities."

Miss McLoughlin also tells how she finds the lives of those in places 'like Africa' heartwarming.

She states: "I find it so inspiring when you see people from poorer countries on TV- they just seem so happy with their lives, despite their lack of material things."

At least Miss McLoughlin admits she needs to learn more about poorer parts of the world.

She states: "In the future I plan to visit somewhere like Africa to find out more about their way of life."

But some may suspect she would not be so willing to trade in her luxurious lifestyle for the barren life of the average African peasant.

Because the 20-year-old, who in a one hour shopping spree in Baden Baden this year spent a total of £55,000 with the other five Wags, has been keen to build an extremely lucrative career of her own.

Miss McLoughlin, who makes these comments in her latest Closer magazine column, recently signed a book deal worth £2 million.

As well as a contract with Nike to promote a range of women's sportswear, named Nike C, she closed a £3 million deal earlier this year to model for Asda with partner Wayne Rooney.

Although Mr Rooney was unceremoniously dropped from the campaign in July this year, Asda bosses obviously valued his pretty fiancee's marketability, and kept her on.

She stands to make £1.5 million from the campaign.

Together the couple are worth £20 million and assets include a £4 million Cheshire home (nicknamed Chav Towers) which boasts a £13,000 gym and cinema.

Miss McLoughlin does support a number of humanitarian causes.

Her publicist said: "The causes she supports include Claire House, a hospice for terminally ill children in Liverpool, Alder Hay, a Liverpool-based NHS hospital trust, the Association of Children's Hospices, and Jeans for Genes, an ongoing appeal organised by various charities where people are sponsored to wear jeans, donating £1 to £2 to help support children with genetic disorders."

Her publicist refused to comment on whether Miss McLoughlin donates money to the causes that interest her.

------------

You just gotto love her - recently she bought most expensive Austin Martin as a gift to Rooney to make up for crap world cup or maybe it was before it, and the tone of reporting was - she bought it with her own money, just to show that she is independent and earning herself

Yeh. Give me a few tens of millions and a rich lifestyle where I never have to encounter them and I will be liberal and love horrible common people too. Actually, I get quite liberal on a few vodkas, I have written to Smirnoff asking them to rectify this lamentable fault in their product.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
      Yeh. Give me a few tens of millions and a rich lifestyle where I never have to encounter them and I will be liberal and love horrible common people too. Actually, I get quite liberal on a few vodkas, I have written to Smirnoff asking them to rectify this lamentable fault in their product.
      So you're a happy drunk? I turn into a hang-draw-and-quarter 'em man myself. I have written to Smirnoff asking them to rectify this lamentable fault in their product
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Pah Smirnoff indeed...next you'll be saying you drink supermarket beer... real vodka is Stolichnaya
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I'd give her one.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
            Pah Smirnoff indeed...next you'll be saying you drink supermarket beer... real vodka is Stolichnaya
            I personally find Smirnoff Black to be especially palletable.

Comment

I'd give her two and then use the curtains to 'clean up'!
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
                I'd give her two and then use the curtains to 'clean up'!
                I take it you mean the beef curtains

Comment

In their defence, Rooney gave his world cup ticket allocation to a local Cancer charity, and bought tickets for his friends and family. That didn't hit the headlines.
                  Coleen does a hell of a lot of work for local charities too.

Comment

Originally posted by pedro
                    In their defence, Rooney gave his world cup ticket allocation to a local Cancer charity, and bought tickets for his friends and family. That didn't hit the headlines.
                    Coleen does a hell of a lot of work for local charities too.
                    If I was subsidised by the other half and didn't have to work maybe I could fit in some time to help a local charity.

Chavs, the both of 'em

Comment

Working...
                    X