• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Proper agent ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proper agent ?

Just finished a gig with an agent, a week before the finish, he got me an interview with another client, did all the legwork about my CV and my references etc. I did not even have to apply for the gig, only the interview and now got a new shiny contract. The role isnt advertised anywhere. I feel like I am being represented by a proper agent, like a footballer's agent.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Just finished a gig with an agent, a week before the finish, he got me an interview with another client, did all the legwork about my CV and my references etc. I did not even have to apply for the gig, only the interview and now got a new shiny contract. The role isnt advertised anywhere. I feel like I am being represented by a proper agent, like a footballer's agent.
    I'd want to know before my cv was submitted somewhere - I take it he did that?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

NLyUK speaks highly of her p1mp too.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        My current one's like that, and he's at TEK!!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          My current one's like that, and he's at TEK!!
          My one is as well and this is my first gig through them so i am dubious when he mentioned he will look after me etc when this one ends. I guess i will see

Comment

TEK have been decent in the past, especially the ones that were at Aston Carter before the name merge.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              TEK have been decent in the past, especially the ones that were at Aston Carter before the name merge.
              Yeah, agree, been with them before up in Newc and they were awful. Allegis before that were decent too.

Comment

So, boomed? Sounds boomed to me!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  So, boomed? Sounds boomed to me!
                  If it looks like a boom and sounds like a boom it must be a
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Another plus for Tek, and those at Aston Carter. Generally a good bunch.

Comment

Working...
                    X