• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Back to contracting, anything changed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to contracting, anything changed?

Hello and please forgive me for inevitable future transgressions!

Went insane for a while and went permie. Come to my senses and am now looking at taking another city contract. Contracting is fine, I know what I'm about with that, well, as much as any of us do. No, my query is around firing up an LTD.

Shut down my last one 10 years ago, then had a few years on the EBT train (yes, I know), then thought better of it and kept as clean as I could for a few years going through a standard umbrella scheme. Finally, a couple of years permie.

The question is, given SDC beefing up the IR35 rules somewhat, is it still worth setting up an LTD financially? Any thoughts/advice/warnings guys? Maybe somebody out there knows a good (read just the right side of shady, but only just) tax accountant in/around the southend area? I have the small advantage that my woman would be part of it and she's not IT/Banking/service related at all, fully arts and crafts type, so the companies house records would be based around that and I'd just trade thorough it.

As Johnny Storm would say, "Flame on!".

J

Welcome back to the light!

Limited still seems to be the way to go. Some prefer umbrellas.

For the EBT stuff, joining Big Group is the way forward.

Good luck!

Comment

You need to get your CUK contractor kit. Very reasonably priced. Kit contains :

1 x Selection of chutneys (4 pack)
      1 x Chutney spoon.
      1 x Radiator bleed key.
      I x DVD of Gladiator.
      1 x DVD of Airplane.
      1 x Copy of the CUK Cookbook.
      1 x Years Subscription to Eek's Future of Contracting Website (Under construction, or possibly torn down after hissy fit)
      1 x Copy of the CUK guide to being a dirty Spekulant.
      1 x Copy of Officialness (Author AtW)
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        You need to get your CUK contractor kit. Very reasonably priced. Kit contains :

1 x Selection of chutneys (4 pack)
        1 x Chutney spoon.
        1 x Radiator bleed key.
        I x DVD of Gladiator.
        1 x DVD of Airplane.
        1 x Copy of the CUK Cookbook.
        1 x Years Subscription to Eek's Future of Contracting Website (Under construction, or possibly torn down after hissy fit)
        1 x Copy of the CUK guide to being a dirty Spekulant.
        1 x Copy of Officialness (Author AtW)
        Yep, there isn't a site because there isn't a future.

Hth bidi
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Yep, there isn't a site because there isn't a future.

Hth bidi
          Oh I just thought there wasn't a site because you don't know how to write a web page.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Oh I just thought there wasn't a site because you don't know how to write a web page.
            Harsh, it was WordPress. Wordpress is tricky.

Comment

Harsh, it was WordPress. Wordpress is tricky.
              It may be for you.

We run a decent mail order company using Wordpress including some fancy plugins (I particularly like the pick your own chocolate selection box - far better than the others I've seen online) see https://www.jennybeth.co.uk/pick-your-own/
              Last edited by eek; 7 May 2016, 08:49.

Comment

It may be for you.

We run a decent mail order company using Wordpress including some fancy plugins (I particularly like the pick your own chocolate selection box - far better than the others I've seen online) see https://www.jennybeth.co.uk/pick-your-own/
                Nah I get my 6 year old to do my WordPress sites.

I am at work so visiting a site about Jenny Beth picking her own could trip out the web monitors and get me in trouble

Sounds like we should add her to the CUK jolly boys outing though, now Mrs MF is up on blocks.

Comment

Nah I get my 6 year old to do my WordPress sites.

I am at work so visiting a site about Jenny Beth picking her own could trip out the web monitors and get me in trouble

Sounds like we should add her to the CUK jolly boys outing though, now Mrs MF is up on blocks.
                  Shame really its just fancy chocolates that everyone else on here knows that you cannot afford...
                  Last edited by eek; 7 May 2016, 10:27.

Comment

Shame really its just fancy chocolates that everyone else on here knows that you cannot afford...
                    You're right, I am rather counting the pennies after booking that villa in St Tropez

Comment

Working...
                    X