• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Azdio - Anyone heard of them?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Azdio - Anyone heard of them?

Hi

I would like to ask for a bit of opinion, I have a bit of an odd feeling about a firm who has approached me and wanted to see if I am just being paranoid or am right to be sceptical.

Im a contract PM, based in London and looking for work. I have been approached by a firm called Azdio who want to interview me over Skype, all the comms so far have been by email, with someone who seems to have English as a second language. I was sent a very generic PM spec sheet, and was told that the role was London based "with some travel". I have since then been able to get out of them that the role is in fact in Hook, Hampshire. Perhaps geography wasn't the recruiters strongest suit at college?

Anyway, I agreed to meet between 9-10am tomorrow (Wednesday), and the meeting request comes into my inbox marked "10am Kiev time", so actually 8am UK time. So despite having a UK base, it seems their PMO sits in the Ukraine. I used to work for a firm with a Bulgarian PMO, and they were useless so I cant judge them on that.

I just cannot seem to find out much about these guys at all on the web, however they have a UK registered operation since 2007, they do not list a UK address on their own site, and the website is darn generic and full of blind links.

So, there is no hardship in spending 15 mins speaking to them, and I suspect my spidey sense is hinting to stay well clear. I wondered if anyone else has seen/heard of them? Searching this forum doesn't even give me a decent rant to use as a reference point! Can anyone share any experiences please?

https://www.duedil.com/company/06423327/azdio-limited
    Azdio

They have or at least had offshore factories in eastern europe for coders which might explain the invite time zone.

Worked with, not for, them a little while back ...

They are ok nothing special with usual mix of perm / contract resources with all levels of ability from very very poor to better than average. They have dreams of being a consultancy and providing "value to clients" blah blah blah but really are just an agency selling bodies. Some of senior mgmt are ex-accenture...make of that what you will.

In summary no worse than most places and seemed to pay the contractors on time.

Noticed that Hook probably means Virgin Media. lots of work going on there...not too bad a place to work but just depends as usual on the project, client, etc....
    Last edited by nozmeister; 10 May 2016, 17:19. Reason: Added a bit more

Comment

AZDIO

#thecleverbit did get some more info about Azdio? I have been approached by them with intent for a contract but I am in doubt how legitimate they are. There is virtually 0 info about them on the net.

Comment

@czekka

Originally posted by czekka View Post
        #thecleverbit did get some more info about Azdio? I have been approached by them with intent for a contract but I am in doubt how legitimate they are. There is virtually 0 info about them on the net.
        Hey there!
        I was approached recently too. You may want to PM me? I am unable to send you a PM, but think I allowed other members to email me.

Comment

Also have been contacted

Hi There,
          I also have been contacted by Azdio via an agency called "The Skill Edge" who have a Dubai address. I have been told the end client is a large European Cable Operator offering quad-play and over-the-top video services to its customers. The location is London. I assume from reading the above thread that we talking about Virgin/LGI.

As also mentioned above, my "trouble antenna" is vibrating a bit on this one. Has anyone got anything to further add to this thread ? I am new to this forum so I don't think PMs work for me yet.

Many Thanks

Comment

Also have been contacted

Hi All,
            I have been contacted too. I did not feel it very professional. I was contacted through an agency called IQ Telecom(https://w ww.interquestgroup .com/) whose address seems to be based in UK.

Comment

Originally posted by icelandic View Post
              Hi All,
              I have been contacted too. I did not feel it very professional. I was contacted through an agency called IQ Telecom(https://w ww.interquestgroup.com/) whose address seems to be based in UK.
              What is the connection with this thread and Azdio, Icelandic?
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Approach from IQ Telecom was for a role with AZDIO

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                What is the connection with this thread and Azdio, Icelandic?
                Sorry, I should have been more clear. The reason why IQ Telecom approached me was for a role for AZDIO.

Comment

any onw worked with them in recent time

Has any one worked with AZDIO recently and have any experience of how reliable are they. Was it through a UK based placement agency or dierctly with them ?

Comment

Azdio

Hi All,

I'd like to repeat the original question.

Has anybody had any dealings with Azdio.

As an add-on to the comments already posted, I can inform the following:

- Their geography is OK. The contract would have been with Virgin Media (in Hook) or with Liberty Global (in Amsterdam). I have worked for both organisations, but through ANOTHER agency. VM and LG work closely together and their projects often involve split work between Amsterdam / London (Hammersmith) and Hook in Hampshire. Nice, good people to work with.

- Azdio appear to be Ukrain ebased with a UK presence.

Has anybody here worked through them ?

Thanks,

John

Comment

Working...
                    X