• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Market looks crap

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market looks crap

What's going on? It's new financial year, new budgets!

Crap rates, non existing gigs, it's like Q4 15 all over again.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Market is smoking where I am! Constantly harassed by agents, and rates are high.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

A company in Bolton is spreading news across the boards and agencies about the perils of hiring contractors?

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
        Market is smoking where I am! Constantly harassed by agents, and rates are high.
        Syria?

Comment

Market looks quite good here. It's smoking... the salmon was very tasty.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Your successful track record has them running for the hills.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Your successful track record has them running for the hills.
              Smoking. Changing gig possibly, if things go well , +15% higher rate

Comment

No problem in my sector, even though my sector normally booms during a crisis as my work always leads to FTE reductions.

Comment

The market should be positively booming in .Net/SQL development according to Kevin Green from REC in the article on this very site. Funny that... roles seem to be pretty scarce with rates being on the low side. The experience on the ground doesn't seem to match the rhetoric. The next thing you know REC will be crying skills shortage.

Having spoken to a few agents lately it seems that for roles outside London 50+ applications for a role is not uncommon whereas inside London I've heard that agents will regularly receive that many applications within an hour or two of posting a role on a job site.

Also, another current bugbear is the number of SC cleared roles where previous clearance is required... And there was me thinking pre-clearance was no longer supposed to be an issue.

Comment

I suppose it depends on your sector/skill set, for me its dead, I am still 5 weeks out from end of contract though so hoping something picks up
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X