• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lucid Dreaming...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucid Dreaming...

Had a few in the past, ultra-real, remember them like yesterday, had one last night completely creeped me out....

Mrs is away so bed to myself, wasn't sleeping, sometime around 3:30am (checked time after) I awoke (or thought I did) and saw a swirling silky presence get up out of bed where the Mrs usually is, like it was her shape and movements, but not a solid form, walked round the bed and sat on my side, turned to face me and it was her head shape, but with a massive black void where her features should have been. It/she turned away and turned back I thought, this'll be her face now and it wasn't, same black void.

I totally shat myself and instantly awoke proper, heart doing twenty to the dozen (which I can do without having an ICD implant) legs like jelly (no I wasn't having a wank), Christ I was scared...

Now I don't wanna go to bed tonight.....

Twilight zone theme.......

Do you speak with the missus regularly? Nothing amiss with her?

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
      Do you speak with the missus regularly? Nothing amiss with her?
      Yeah, all fine! Can't say the spectre definitely was a sort of leitmotif for her, might have been someone else I think it was...

Think it was more with me, restless night, intermittent sleep, trying to force myself to drop off. Thing is this one was so real. I do have a very active mind before sleeping, races sometimes, suspect it got over-active....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        ....turned to face me and it was her head shape, but with a massive black void where her features should have been. It/she turned away and turned back I thought, this'll be her face now and it wasn't, same black void.
        That reminds me of an episode of The Simpsons where Marge had no face....

Comment

Actually thinking about we're planning a trip to Kiev in early June and then to Minsk to see her family and there's a general feeling of will we get killed lol!!

Comment

Good night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUQhNGEu2KA

Comment

Probably a demon came a visiting.

I hate dreams where you have a strong impression you're awake. Btw. lucid dreaming is when you are aware you are dreaming, and are in control of the dream (to an extent). What you had was a vivid nightmare.

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
              The first shock was quite cool. I thought the ending was a bit meh.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Btw. lucid dreaming is when you are aware you are dreaming, and are in control of the dream (to an extent). .
                Thanks for that analysis NAT. Now we know what MF suffers from

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Probably a demon came a visiting.

I hate dreams where you have a strong impression you're awake. Btw. lucid dreaming is when you are aware you are dreaming, and are in control of the dream (to an extent). What you had was a vivid nightmare.

The first shock was quite cool. I thought the ending was a bit meh.
                  It was a lucid one, I edited down to cut out the err bits where I decided it was a succubus and considered letting it shag me. That was before I saw its face obvs.

I had one lucid dream where I was determined to read a street sign to find out what strange place I was in when I woke up.

Every time I tried to focus on one it got garbled before my eyes before eventually I got one. Drummond Avenue, Fife.

I looked it up when I awoke and you'll never believe this but guess what? Doesn't exist. Don't think Fife is even a town.

The was pre Google mind, might have another look...

Comment

Working...
                  X