• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract at Investment Bank

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract at Investment Bank

I have been offered an interview for a contract which will involve working for a large consultancy on site for one of it's clients - an investment bank. I asked the agent if I get offered the role would I be subjected to a credit check as I would be working on site at the bank. He assures me I won't but I'm not convinced. I thought any contractor working on site at a bank, even indirectly through a consultancy, would be subject to a credit check. Does anyone know if this is the case?

Originally posted by decode
    I have been offered an interview for a contract which will involve working for a large consultancy on site for one of it's clients - an investment bank. I asked the agent if I get offered the role would I be subjected to a credit check as I would be working on site at the bank. He assures me I won't but I'm not convinced. I thought any contractor working on site at a bank, even indirectly through a consultancy, would be subject to a credit check. Does anyone know if this is the case?
    It really depends if you think you will fail. If so be honest with the agency and the client. Best they find out from than some internet credit check agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
      It really depends if you think you will fail. If so be honest with the agency and the client. Best they find out from than some internet credit check agency.
      I wouldn't have a problem in passing the credit check. I just object in principle to having to do this. Perhaps I should run a credit check on the agency before I accept the contract?

Comment

Mmm not sure, but considering the amount of out sourced indians they bring into the offices I cant believe they all pass a credit check, they probably cant even be Credit checked as they arent residence, so may be the same applies if you come through a consultancy

Comment

I didn't pass credit check when I tried to open HSBC basic account (no overdraft, no debit card, no check book). But that didn't stop me securing a contract with an investment bank. So banks certainly don't do checks at least on contractors.

Comment

It depends on the policy of the Bank. My current client (financial services) credit checks their own permies but not contractors or employees of 3rd party suppliers.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

What is it with you lot? Do any of you actually have a good credit rating?

Comment

I never had to do a credit check to work at an IB. Don't know where u got that one from.

Comment

They're more likely to want to do a criminal record checks, these seem all the rage these days.
                  Only the mediocre are ever at their best

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Fred
                    What is it with you lot? Do any of you actually have a good credit rating?
                    Ah the king of credit rating raises his head hey.

When was the last time you went through all your credit records then Fred? You may have a horrid rating without knowing about it.....

Anyway most real contractors pay with cash and don't have loans/credit cards, unfortunatly this means that you don't build up much of a credit history, not using credit is a sure fire way to get a crap credit rating...

Comment

Working...
                    X