• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is who Brexiteers say we should trade with ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is who Brexiteers say we should trade with ...

China's economic crisis is coming - Al Jazeera English
    China’s economy: Caught in a vicious, stubborn cycle - Fortune

...but to be honest, Europe seems like a veritable economic powerhouse by comparison.

Reminds me of the Scottish referendum where Scottish prosperity was predicated on oil prices.

You've got to laugh at the stupidity of it all.
    Last edited by sasguru; 11 May 2016, 11:55.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    China's economic crisis is coming - Al Jazeera English
    China’s economy: Caught in a vicious, stubborn cycle - Fortune

...but to be honest, Europe seems like a veritable economic powerhouse by comparison.

Reminds me of the Scottish referendum where Scottish prosperity was predicated on oil prices.

You've got to laugh at the stupidity of it all.
    Another Brexit thread. How refreshing. Then again, and while we're at it, I wonder if there's anything similar for southern European countries. Italian banking industry maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
      Another Brexit thread. How refreshing. Then again, and while we're at it, I wonder if there's anything similar for southern European countries. Italian banking industry maybe?
      Digested all that brexiters have to say. It seems very stupid to me to sacrifice wealth for sovereignty. But thats me. What has scared me the most is that house prices might fall. I'm counting on up as a homeowner.

Comment

I reach the parts others don't reach

The EU economy as a whole has just reached its peak GDP pre-recession, so its beginiing to get out of the doldrums (tulip holes like Greece excepted - eventually Greece will leave).
        Its on an upward cycle just as China descends into the pits.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
          What has scared me is that houses might fall. I'm counting on up as a homeowner.
          gonna fall anyway ! they will blame it on brexit on the way down , and successful government policy on the way up

they have their work cut out to sink it and boost it just in time for the next election

Comment

Europe is looking up – some good news to start 2016 - Telegraph
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
              Digested all that brexiters have to say. It seems very stupid to me to sacrifice wealth for sovereignty. But thats me. What has scared me the most is that house prices might fall. I'm counting on up as a homeowner.
              What difference does your house price make provided you can pay the mortgage (and that's given you have one)? In fact if you planning to do anything other than downsize then cheaper houses is what you should wish for.

Given I'm one of the plebs in the great scheme of things I'd much rather sovereignty over a few extra shillings (or thousands for that matter).

Comment

What difference does your house price make provided you can pay the mortgage (and that's given you have one)? In fact if you planning to do anything other than downsize then cheaper houses is what you should wish for.

Given I'm one of the plebs in the great scheme of things I'd much rather sovereignty over a few extra shillings (or thousands for that matter).
                No-one has any idea what the economic impact of stay/leave will be.

Some will argue that the UK government does not do a great job. And there is alot to be said for that. I feel they are less remote than Brussels.

The only way the UK will ever get better is by voting in UKIP.

Comment

Fair enough, "Free*, but poor" should be the Brexit slogan.

*Subject to the non-representative first-past-the-post system whereby a minority rules against the wishes of the majority, unelected House of Lords and the ultimate sanction of the monarchy.
                  Last edited by sasguru; 11 May 2016, 12:27.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

You never get sovereignty. Sovereignty will rest with the political class and the power groups they represent. The EU offers more prosperity and a set of restraints on the national political class to stop them withdrawing protections from the populace (workers' rights, environmental protection etc.)

Comment

Working...
                    X