• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

share transfer J30

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

share transfer J30

Hi - I would like to know about the J30 & SH08 share transfer form. Sometime around March I transferred some money to my wife's account as dividends.

I've already sent it to the company house yesterday - backdating to 1st April 2016- will that be accepted or by companies house ? ( for peace of mind I would like to know ! )

Can someone please advice ?
    Last edited by retyfraser; 11 May 2016, 19:11.

If you paid your wife a dividend and she wasn't a shareholder, then that would be reclassified as a loan to her, which might attract an interest charge.

Why didn't your accountant spot this before it was too late?

Comment

The accountant didn't send the form to the companies house on time !! and this caused the whole confusion !!

Yes, i understand the loan thing. I shouted at them for this ,and now they've sent the form to the companies house after I sent the form again backdating the date.

My only concern is now if the companies house would accept or reject !! What do you think , how has the company house decided in these cases ?

Comment

I am assumng that the transfer actually happened sometime in march before she got the dividends.

I assume that it was minuted and recorded in the register at this time.

In which case all that has happened is you were late with the form. Which I assume has the correct dates on it.

i doesnt make her not a shareholder at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
          I am assumng that the transfer actually happened sometime in march before she got the dividends.

I assume that it was minuted and recorded in the register at this time.

In which case all that has happened is you were late with the form. Which I assume has the correct dates on it.

i doesnt make her not a shareholder at that time.
          Yes - happend on on the 5th April. Dividend voucher is present, yes minuted and recorded. and yes, dates are correct. and yes, all that happened was J30 was late ( in fact sent yesterday ith 1st April date on it ) as per the voucher and Mom

Comment

Originally posted by retyfraser View Post
            Yes - happend on on the 5th April. Dividend voucher is present, yes minuted and recorded. and yes, dates are correct. and yes, all that happened was J30 was late ( in fact sent yesterday ith 1st April date on it ) as per the voucher and Mom
            The J30, to transfer shares is not sent to Companies House, the share transfers are reported to Companies House via the Annual Return. So not sure how the accountant can gave been late??
            "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
              The J30, to transfer shares is not sent to Companies House, the share transfers are reported to Companies House via the Annual Return. So not sure how the accountant can gave been late??
              Well, shouldn't the J30 & SH08 be sent as soon as the decision of share transfer has been made. In this case, shouldn't it have been sent on the 1st of April to Companies house ?

Comment

Originally posted by retyfraser View Post
                Well, shouldn't the J30 & SH08 be sent as soon as the decision of share transfer has been made. In this case, shouldn't it have been sent on the 1st of April to Companies house ?
                Hopefully one of the esteemed forum accountants will respond to this thread in more detail, particularly in relation to the SH08 which I believe will need to be lodged with Companies House.

I double checked last night too as your post got me thinking but there's plenty of information out there online about the J30 for which I believe Waldorf is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
                  Hi Waldorf - Accountant failed to inform them when filing the Annual Returns ! Thats what seem to have happened, hence the question on backdating

Comment

Working...
                  X