• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BOE warns of Brexit recession

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOE warns of Brexit recession

Brexit vote may spark recession, Mark Carney warns - BBC News

...an interesting snippet for the Brexit debate

Last edited by BlasterBates; 12 May 2016, 13:59.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BBC
    Mark Carney, the Bank's governor, warned that the risks of leaving "could possibly include a technical recession".
    "could possibly" - clear evidence then.

From Osbourne:
    Chancellor George Osborne said the UK now had a "clear and unequivocal warning" from the MPC as well as the Governor of the Bank of England about the risks of a Leave vote.

"The Bank is saying that it would face a trade-off between stabilising inflation on one hand and stabilising output and employment on the other," he said.

"So either families would face lower incomes because inflation would be higher, or the economy would be weaker with a hit to jobs and livelihoods. This is a lose-lose situation for Britain. Either way, we'd be poorer."
    Lower incomes because inflation would be higher eh? Never had my wages cut in line with inflation, but I have had them increased in line with inflation. Way to go George!!

There is absolutely nothing to say we'll lose jobs, apart from sasguru's potential contracts here and there. Unemployment in Europe is 10% - is that a trend that we want to see coming over here as we get closer to our Eurochums?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      "could possibly" - clear evidence then.
      I like the way the Outies dismiss the economic predictions of The Governor of the Bank of England and The Chancellor of the Exchequer, yet take the wish list of the Justice Secretary and ex-Mayor of London as a dead cert.

Kind of like taking your fishmonger's advice over your doctor's on what to do about that lump.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        I like the way the Outies dismiss the economic predictions of The Governor of the Bank of England and The Chancellor of the Exchequer, yet take the wish list of the Justice Secretary and ex-Mayor of London as a dead cert.

Kind of like taking your fishmonger's advice over your doctor's on what to do about that lump.
        I propose new business when brexit happens. Eexit from UK banners

Comment

Comment

Who's dismissing it?
            I'm saying there's absolutely no substance on either side of the debate.
            Could lose out, could do better, may be a depression. None of them know for certain and they're all backing their own horses.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              You do realise that you're backing Gideon, don't you?

Comment

Oh goody. An EU Referendum thread. I was hoping someone would start one.
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  You do realise that you're backing Gideon, don't you?
                  Yes.

Unfortunately given choice between Gidiot and Gove/Boris, I'd have to go with Gidiot.

Comment

He's stating the bleeding obvious (given the rhetoric from Hamface/Gidiot, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy). It's also bleeding obvious, to all but the most blinkered of Bremainers, that this isn't a vote for the next 6 months. It's a vote for the next 6 decades. On that, the Bremainers prefer to suspend their disbelief and cling to Gidiot's gravity model and it's dodgy inputs, which is fine

Comment

Working...
                    X