• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit the Movie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit the Movie

Just to keep the debate going:

Brexit the Movie

Last edited by administrator; 16 May 2016, 08:16. Reason: Embedding the movie :)

Bookies sites are offering ~11/5 for Leave, very tempted to put some spare cash say £5k on.

If we leave, we ditch the EU and as a bonus I'd pocket ~£11k.
    If we remain, I'd lose £5k but worse than that, as a nation we'd be well and truly f**ked, HM Govt. may as well start distributing barrels and cable ties to every UK citizen.
    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Just going to bump this one as it seems to have been over looked Someone sent this to me yesterday. Watched the first 10 minutes and will try and watch the rest tonight.

sasguru - are any of the viewpoints in this film valid? Are you a big champion of remain due to economic reasons for the greater good of the country or because your own situation (EU clients and financial sector) would be hurt more by leaving that many others.

I did watch the bit about our fishing industry and I think I said the same in another post on here. Our producers (fishing and agriculture) have been shafted by the EU and that is what is making me lean towards the leave vote at present. I think our country can stand on its own two feet. The thought that we are a bigger voice when in the club rather than out is a bit of a joke when our influence whilst in has been so ineffective...

Comment

Maybe Brexit'ers could be given one of these:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

So they could go in to the future and see if remaining in Europe does lead us down the path of a united Europe? Complete central rule? An EU army? The further destruction of UK home industry?

I find the arguments of destruction from both sides pretty poor if we don't choose path A or B. The world will carry on spinning. Some people will be rich, some will be poor. Will being out of the EU really hinder us that much? The people I see championing the cause on here most have a vested interest in us staying in the EU - you included darmy, it has the potential to affect your way of life. You like being foot-loose and fancy free outside of the UK

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
            So they could go in to the future and see if remaining in Europe does lead us down the path of a united Europe? Complete central rule? An EU army? The further destruction of UK home industry?

I find the arguments of destruction from both sides pretty poor if we don't choose path A or B. The world will carry on spinning. Some people will be rich, some will be poor. Will being out of the EU really hinder us that much? The people I see championing the cause on here most have a vested interest in us staying in the EU - you included darmy, it has the potential to affect your way of life. You like being foot-loose and fancy free outside of the UK
            What gives both sides away is the extremism of their position. By not conceding any ground to the opposite view they reveal more about themselves than they offer anything to the debate. This particularly applies to our in house EU stooge and the coarse and ignorant sasguru
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              What gives both sides away is the extremism of their position. By not conceding any ground to the opposite view they reveal more about themselves than they offer anything to the debate. This particularly applies to our in house EU stooge and the coarse and ignorant sasguru
              My gut feeling is there's one side who are 'closer to the action' and/or feel a real sense of loyalty to the UK and the other side who sees 'Britishness' as slightly naff and/or have done financial well out of the EU. There are of course exceptions, but that's my impression.

Comment

I made it through the first minute of lies. Then I skipped ahead a bit and it was still all sound bites based on more lies. This was the same bloke who made the infamous Global Warming Swindle film IIRC that managed to get people riled up but ultimately contained little actual facts and hurt the anti-global warming cause as much as anything. It's true that people seek out opinions that reinforce their own narrow minded views and this is the perfect example. We just have to hope that there's enough people who will engage their brains.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  I made it through the first minute of lies. Then I skipped ahead a bit and it was still all sound bites based on more lies. This was the same bloke who made the infamous Global Warming Swindle film IIRC that managed to get people riled up but ultimately contained little actual facts and hurt the anti-global warming cause as much as anything. It's true that people seek out opinions that reinforce their own narrow minded views and this is the perfect example. We just have to hope that there's enough people who will engage their brains.
                  let us have an example of what these lies are.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I very much doubt working at a high level across Europe will stop. It was happening before. My Father rented to various foreign experts & Dignitaries in the 60s.

What will stop is the low end labour pool flooding the market in rich countries, undercutting the existing have nots in society.

Free Movement in Europe: Past and Present | migrationpolicy.org

Over 8 million work permits were issued to foreigners in Belgium, France, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, and West Germany (the original six members of the EEC) during the guest-worker period of 1958 to 1972. One-third of the foreign workers came from within the EEC; mainly from Italy, which was lagging behind in industrialization and suffered from high unemployment.
                    Trade also happened before the Common Market, we can trade on our own despite all the assurances that we will be the sad loner of Europe after a Brexit.

Combine that with all the assurances that we won't be able to negotiate changes to the EU and I for one am out.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X