• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Places to contract in if Brexit destroys the economy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Places to contract in if Brexit destroys the economy

My personal favourite would be Switzerland, as I've lived and worked there before, am used to it and have family there. Either Zurich or Basel.
    Second would be the Nordic region.
    Third would be Germany, but only Berlin, Cologne or other big city - provincial Germany is deadly dull.
    And Lastly France, but there you would have to speak French and Im too old to learn
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    My personal favourite would be Switzerland, as I've lived and worked there before, am used to it and have family there. Either Zurich or Basel.
    Second would be the Nordic region.
    Third would be Germany, but only Berlin, Cologne or other big city - provincial Germany is deadly dull.
    And Lastly France, but there you would have to speak French and Im too old to learn
    what are the rates like in berlin and switzerland?

Comment

Or just WFH, then you can choose anywhere on the planet with decent connectivity and taxes. I seem to have chosen the UK for now

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
        what are the rates like in berlin and switzerland?
        Depends what you do Good enough to live well, lets say, although everything in Switzerland is expensive: rents, health insurance and particularly food, so I didn't manage to save anything.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Depends what you do Good enough to live well, lets say, although everything in Switzerland is expensive: rents, health insurance and particularly food, so I didn't manage to save anything.
          I still remember my £18 jacket potato I had in Zurich.....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            I still remember my £18 jacket potato I had in Zurich.....
            I remember the > £100 for a 3 burgers meal for 3 people. Ok they were "posh" burgers in a restaurant, not fast food, but FFS
            Anyway I wonder what the price of food will be like in the UK after Brexit - a lot of our cheap food comes form the continent and we're not self-sufficient.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I remember the > £100 for a 3 burgers meal for 3 people. Ok they were "posh" burgers in a restaurant, not fast food, but FFS
              Anyway I wonder what the price of food will be like in the UK after Brexit - a lot of our cheap food comes form the continent and we're not self-sufficient.
              Project fear strikes again - grow a pair
              "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

The UK, no company will want to employ anyone full time until after the recession, I have always found recessions to be harvest time for contractors

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
                  The UK, no company will want to employ anyone full time until after the recession, I have always found recessions to be harvest time for contractors
                  Stop spoiling sasgura's fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    Stop spoiling sasgura's fantasy.
                    Sorry SAS, I thought it was a serious thread, carry on dreaming

Comment

Working...
                    X