• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lights on a bike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lights on a bike

When I was a kid, if you rode your bike at night you had to have lights on it. Why is that not the case now? Last night I nearly picked up some chav on an unlit BMX. He was wearing dark clothes, at night with no lights on a badly lit street. 'kin idiot.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    When I was a kid, if you rode your bike at night you had to have lights on it. Why is that not the case now? Last night I nearly picked up some chav on an unlit BMX. He was wearing dark clothes, at night with no lights on a badly lit street. 'kin idiot.
    The answer is in the qustion
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Last night I nearly picked up some chav
      Was she sort of hanging about on a street corner?
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

That was in the days when we actually had a Police presence on the streets. Who is there to enforce those rules now?
        ID cards will sort it out.
        Boom boom boom boom
        A-haw haw haw haw
        Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
        Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

try harder next time
          Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

On the subject of vehicles and lights why cant some people tell the difference between fog and a bit of rain? It drives me mad on motorways when all I can see is 1,000,000 candle power red light glaring in my face, in my 18 years of driving experience I have only ever needed them on about 10 occasions, what’s worse is the people who feel the need to leave them on for a few days after.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
              On the subject of vehicles and lights why cant some people tell the difference between fog and a bit of rain? It drives me mad on motorways when all I can see is 1,000,000 candle power red light glaring in my face, in my 18 years of driving experience I have only ever needed them on about 10 occasions, what’s worse is the people who feel the need to leave them on for a few days after.

The Highway code says that rear fog lights must be used when there is spray on the motorway. What pee’s me off if boy racers who always have their front fog lights on (illegal) An vehicles, mainly HGVs who drive in fog with no lights.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I remember when I was a kid, I was riding my bike with my brother sitting on panier holder above the back mudguard along a main road. PC Plod drives past and pulls us over, takes us home, and lets my parents know what we were doing. I know we were stupid, though in my defence I can't have been more than 9 or 10, but nowadays no-one cares.

Cyclists on footpaths p*ss me off. I always manage to let off a bit of abuse when they manage to squeeze past and I've pretended I can't hear them saying excuse me 'cos my iPod is too loud.
                Last edited by Cowboy Bob; 26 October 2006, 12:48.
                Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Gnu's can't ride bikes.

Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
                    Cyclists on footpaths p*ss me off. I always manage to let off a bit of abuse when they manage to squeeze past and I've pretended I can't hear them saying excuse me 'cos my iPod is too loud.
                    I had one the other week. Just coming up to an area where there was railings alongside the footpath. Two youths came racing past me on the footpath and I hadn't heard them coming. First one wizzed past me just before the railings scaring me to death. Second one tried to wizz past me just as I got to the railings. He ran into the front edge of them and came to an abrubt halt.
                    He than wobbled off moaning loudly that he had "broken his B@st@rd fingers".
                    I couldn't move for laughing for a good five minutes.
                    Boom boom boom boom
                    A-haw haw haw haw
                    Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
                    Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

Working...
                    X