• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Off to the bench for me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off to the bench for me

First time on the bench, wondering how to spend my time. Obviously keep applying, Technical refresh, create a sockie, find a hobby...?

Oh and yes, someone may remember my post last we about a rate increase last week. It turned out the sales got a little ahead of themselves so the extension was pulled early this week. As the saying goes, don't count your chickens... or someone's wise words on here, it's not a contract until you're sat at the desk.

Im not sure its a real contract until money in your account.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Im not sure it's a real contract until money in your Panama account.
      FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        I'm not sure it's a real contract until the money's in your wife's Panama account.
        FTFY

Comment

What jobs do you have queuing up around the house?
          Now is the time to do all that DIY stuff that when not benched you would no doubt be paying someone else to do. Look at what you would have paid out and see it is as paid work as I assume you will continue to pay yourself from my co profits

Last Autumn I sold loads of clutter on Ebay, sorted out a new car, re-rendered and decorated the garage, gutted and decorated two bedrooms, rebuild most of my conservatory, spread 20 tons of gravel on my drive and generally had a very enjoyable 3 months doing man stuff.

This year if I have a gap I have plans involving a mini digger and another big hole in my field.
          So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Im not sure its a real contract until money in your account.
            It aint over until the fat cheque clears!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DallasDad View Post
              This year if I have a gap I have plans involving a mini digger and another big hole in my field.
              Plan B....?

Comment

I like that!

Mine was more along the lines of this which was my last attempt.
                No bodies found in fact bugger all was found just clay lots of it.

So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Naturally (if your finances are OK) I would recommend OP uses the time to learn to fly.

Comment

Originally posted by DallasDad View Post
                    ... I assume you will continue to pay yourself from my co profits.
                    Can I sign up to pay myself from yourCo profits too, please?

Comment

Working...
                    X